Windows Vista Vista update issues

Charlieb

My PC running vista received the automatic update ( critical, important, or some other line of crap ) warning. They were downloaded as usual and I was asked to install. I clicked yes but a window kept popping up telling me the install failed and would I like to retry. After many retrys I gave up and shut down. The next day when I turned on the computer before getting to the log on the screen said it was configuring update 3 of 3, 0% complete. After a few minutes it shuts down and restarts only to go through the same thing all over. This will go on and on until I finally manually turn off the computer. I've tried everything I know ( not a lot ) to get this thing going. I can't even do a system restore because it keeps telling me my administrative password is invalid. Any help out there ?

Hi charlieb,
have you tried booting from your vista install disk and choosing the repair function?

No I haven't tried that. If I just drop in the Vista software will it just go ahead and try to load it ? I will give that a try, Thanks.

I take it that was a success? Great stuff!
Please post again if you need further help...)

Back