vlc in Win10, after some time...

sammytruck

When I am watching a tv series off my hard-drive... after about 15 or so episodes... vlc starts to act funny... though it may be Windows.

I have to manually un-click the watched episode, manually click on the next episode, then right-click and click on play. Plus the spacebar does not pause/play the video.

This all only seems to go away if I reboot the computer. Just as a note, Windows 8.1 did this too. That makes me think that it is a Windows thing.

Input please.....

Attachments

• Screenshot 2015-09-25 12.46.27.png
    Screenshot 2015-09-25 12.46.27.png
    8.4 MB · Views: 563
Last edited:
Hi Sammy,
if you can reproduce the issue have you tried checking the resource monitor around the time it's playing up? You can find the resource monitor by looking under performance in the Task manager (written in blue along the bottom.)

Hi Sammy,
if you can reproduce the issue have you tried checking the resource monitor around the time it's playing up? You can find the resource monitor by looking under performance in the Task manager (written in blue along the bottom.)

I'll have to check. My cpu is a i5 3330 quad-core, and have 16-gigs of ram...... hummm.

Looking at the screenshot you also have very resource expensive desktop... I see two file uploaders, a scanner, background- downloader and what looks like a split screen... so that 16g ram could be getting used up on background apps?

Back