Windows 7 W7 Network doesn't discover Server 2000 machine

RabidJay

I just received a new W7(Pro) machine that is attaching to an existing 2-machine LAN, making it a 3-node setup.

The existing 2 machines are running XP-Pro and WIndows 2000 Server, and they are plugged into a LinkSys (Cisco) router, with IP's manually assigned.

I can successfully use Remote Connection to access both the XP and W2k machines, so I know that network addressing is correctly configured.

The W7 machine is set on 'work network' (because it is even tho it is at home) and it discovers the XP machine with no problem, however it does not report the W2k Machine at all, so I cannot file-share.

I can get into the W2K machine and 'push' data onto the W7 machine because I have opened up the W7 network settings but I cannot 'pull' from W2K onto W7.

Can't see any services not running that should be, so maybe this is an issue with W2K server , or ??

Thanks for any help!

Last edited:
Here is some additional information about connecting to a network with Windows 7 Professional: Link Removed due to 404 Error. I hope this helps you understand networking with Win7 Pro.

Back
Top Bottom