Windows 7 W7 not detecting x-fi xtreme gamer

Nate

Okay Ive dived through alot of sites trying to find a explanation or a fix for this but w7 doesnt seem to detect my x-fi xtreme gamer pci card...Its not even under hardware management making installing any sort of driver impossible..I think. Ive tried to install drivers under Compatibility but that just causes a BSOD. I have allready tested with a Seperate vista instalation ((on a second HDD)) and it works just fine. Anyone know whats going on with this?

I really do love w7..I just cant stand my garbage onboard sound so any sort of fix for this would be great.

okay Ive reinstalled windows and im about to try that pack ((will edit)) but can someone tell me what this is all about? Link Removed due to 404 Error *edit* okay I tried the pack but it says It doesnt detect a suported product on my system...

Last edited:
First things I would try..

1, Put the sound card in a different PCI slot, and make sure to disable the onboard sound before rebooting into windows.

2, Make sure your Bios for your motherboard is up to date next.

Nate install the orginal drivers that came with your system or go to the creative site and download and install the x86 or x64 vista drivers.

When you go to run the downloaded driver, set the compatibility mode to vista and the drivers should install.
Then just install the pack file without uninstalling the downloaded files.

Nate install the orginal drivers that came with your system or go to the creative site and download and install the x86 or x64 vista drivers.

When you go to run the downloaded driver, set the compatibility mode to vista and the drivers should install.
Then just install the pack file without uninstalling the downloaded files.
Tried this and it causes a BSOD when it tries to load the driver at the end of installation. Ill try what you guys said right now, wish me luck...Will edit. **edit** okay now no sound device in on the system when I disable AC 97 audio. Should I trying installing the driver onto the unsupported Standard game port?

Last edited:
Is the Realtek a onboard sound card? Disable this in the Bios, then boot and see if it finds the PCI Card. Maybe there is a conflct between the 2 cards.

Back