W7 x-64 build 7048 - 2 major probs on 2nd computer

Hi everyone
Got 2 nasty probs with build 7048 I installed (from scratch) on a 2nd computer

1) Can't map 'Computer". Previous releases would list all the drives etc on the machine. This build gives me a green bar at the top (like when you click Network) -- takes ages and doesn't show any drives.

2) In windows explorer if I create a new folder and rename it -- name reverts back to "New Folder" and if I try and rename it to the name I tried to give it before I get an error -- plus the actual folder is nowhere to be found.

3) This machine crashes when you try and run the Windows Experience Indicator -- crashes out at trying to measure CPU performance.

4) Control panel gets stuck in "Adjust your Computers settings"

This machine has 16GB RAM, and a Quad core processor so I don't think it's a lack of computing power that's causing the crash.

OK whilst the build seems a bit snappier it's not as stable IMO as 7022 so I'll just wait I think for RC1.

Cheers
jimbo

Kyle

Jimbo my friend, I think you have another corrupt installation issue.
Where did you get your ISO from? Thailand? lol

Hi there
No this one was a "semi-official" build -- I'd probably have done better getting one from a Torrent in China.

I've posted another issue -- Windows Media Center - won't let me change the 2nd box in the Postal Code when configuring a TV card to download the epg for the area you want the TV programs for.

Think you are probably right -- I'll trash the whole 7048 stuff until the RC1 -- my 7022 installations are just fine -- was me being probably too eager to try out the new build.

Cheers
jimbo

I'm waiting on the RC too. Seen the daily builds and quite frankly I don't want an unsanctioned headache. I can't wait for the 64 bit RC. The piece meal builds seem to be driving people nuts!

Kyle

I've had no problems with 7022 or 7048.... I get all my ISOs practically directly from the source however, and when they come in at 800+ kb/s, I don't really care that I'm downloading all these dailies when the RC is so close. :)

But to each his own. :p

Jimbo45, I have W7 bild7048 and I can't find that issues you've post

I am also going to wait for the RC.. ;) I'm eager to try the new daily builds but I can wait another month.. ;)

davehc

Essential Member
Premium Supporter
I have 7048 from source. I am having the same experience as Kyle. Apart from some trivial issues, I am , as I said on another thread, really finding it difficult to "bug". There are ceratinly a coupleof things I would like to see changed, but I would not classify those items as faults.
In, I think the 5th or 6th day now. All my software (32 and 64bit) installed and running 100%. Adx far as I am concerned, if MS would authorise it (lol) This will remain on my computer as my main, and one and only, OS.

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.