Windows 8 Ways to lock a programmes key Bindings

GTXPlayer

Is there any common way to lock the key bindings for a program?

The trouble is, I have a PC game which I use often and my younger brother constantly changes the Key Bindings and doesn't revert them back when he's finished playing.

So is there any possible way to lock these Keybindings so that they can't be changed.

I've tried settings the .Cfg file to Read-Only but that doesn't seem to make a difference. There aren't any way to lock it from inside the game either.

Thanks for Reading

You can make a copy of the file with your settings and just put it in before you play.

True that's just the same as changing the Bindings back to wait I need. I need kind of an automated way to stop them being changed altogether, so I don't have to fuss around in the settings menu. However I didn't think there would be a way to stop them being changed anyway, but thanks for reply :)

The only other solution is to create a profile for either the keyboard and/or mouse and when each of you log in to play the game, then just select the profile. Of course you will need to name the profile for easy identification...use each of your names or gamer tags.

You will need to consult you keyboard/mouse manuals for the exact steps.....

Back
Top Bottom