Windows 7 Web flash player videos are choppy after coming out of sleep mode

PhantomF

Hi, I've been running Win7 32bit on my older P4 3.4GHz machine for about 6 months now and I love it except for this one problem. Flash video playback is choppy in fullscreen only after waking the PC up from sleep mode. If I do a power down and restart everything plays back silky smooth even 1080p full screen. I've been hoping it was a software thing that would get fixed eventually but I've gone through 2 flash player upgrades and 3 newer nvidia driver versions. The video card is an nvidia Geforce 7800GS AGP. Anyone herad of this or know a solution? I surely can't be the only one with this issue. Thanks!

I have a similar problem, but it seems to be restricted to 32-bit applications running on my 64-bit machine (I've got 64-bit win7). Flash doesn't do a 64-bit version for windows, so I'm running 32-bit firefox to play flash video in my browser. iTunes locks up completely, as does Quicktime, both of which are 32-bit apps. There are a couple of others, but most everything else seems to handle it fine, at least for me.

Sorry to bump such an old thread, but I am having a similar problem (although my computer is newer). Anyone find a solution/ was it supposed to be resolved with flash 10.1?

Surely it is driver related. Update your video card driver, your chipset drivers, lan driver, and sound driver. It still could be any driver on the system doing it but updating those has a chance of helping.

Back