Windows 7 Weird Internet Access Issue

visibility

Hi there. I have an odd problem that commenced this morning at boot up that has me stumped. My main desktop PC won't connect to the Internet via my wireless router as it has been doing for the past two years. All my other devices connect normally, hence I am typing this on my iPad.

In Network and Sharing Center, there is a red cross between my Netgear Modem/router and the Internet. Connectivity with the router itself seems normal, hence I can print to my wireless printer on the same network. When I click on the red cross to troubleshoot, the first time I do it I get the following message:

Your computer appears to be correctly configured, but the device or resource (DNS server) is not responding.

There are no options to fix this. If I run the troubleshooter again I get this message:

A feature required for this connection is disabled.

Normally if I have this type of problem, resetting my modem fixes it. But no amount of resetting or rebooting is helping this time. And it is really odd because, although it looks like the problem belongs to the modem, my other devices, connected wirelessly, are operating normally.

Any suggestions to follow?

Well, after watching a YouTube clip I resolved the problem. Internet protocol Version 4 was set to a particular DNS server address. I don't know why but switching this to obtain the address automatically resolved the problem.

Hi there,
Glad you resolved it! :up: Otherwise I was going to give you a long list of things to try to fix it.:ahaha:

Best,
<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>

Back