Windows 7 Weird internet browsing issue...

unsivil_audio

Hey guys, I'm having a problem with my windows 7 installation on my work computer. I'm having a problem accessing isoHunt - the BitTorrent and P2P search engine, and only in windows 7 (I run a dual boot alongside xp, xp connects fine). I have tried Firefox, IE8, and Chrome, neither of which will connect.

I can tracert it.

I can ping it.

I just can't browse it.

I've tried everything I can think of, even tried using a proxy server. I uninstalled my antivirus and disabled the windows firewall. I'm just out of ideas at this point, I need a fresh look at this problem. Thanks in advance guys.

Joel

Ummm, anyway, stay away from torrent sites.

If you need a ISO burner, download Imgburn

Last edited by a moderator:
I torrent. I'm just trying to figure out this issue. I can browse isohunt.com and its sister site podtropolis.com no problem on all the rest of the computers in office (also running windows 7 RC1). I can browse it fine from my machine as well if I boot into XP. I also can tracert it no problem as stated in the original post.

I'm just looking for ideas guys.

No clue,

Popped up fine in IE.

I certainly wasn't going to do a search, I brought it up and exited out

I'd speak with your supervisor and demand an answer.

I am my own supervisor. I also manage all the IT here at work. Again, I'm just looking for ideas as to why I can't get on it, I didn't have this problem before the RC (worked fine through the beta's).

I can browse isohunt.com and its sister site podtropolis.com no problem on all the rest of the computers in office (also running windows 7 RC1). I can browse it fine from my machine as well if I boot into XP.

I am my own supervisor. I also manage all the IT here at work. Again, I'm just looking for ideas as to why I can't get on it, I didn't have this problem before the RC (worked fine through the beta's).

It worked for me no problems . Just have no idea why you cannot access the site . I am running RC here to .

Update: I can access it by web proxy (at least the in-browser ones, haven't tested routing all traffic through a proxy server).

What happens when you try to access the site? Any error messages or blank page?

Last edited: