Well Known Member

davidhk129

Can someone lease give me the rationale on this "Well Known Member " label.......
how does one become a "well known member " when one has single digit of "messages" ?
By the same token, one can be a "well known member" if one signed up 2 years ago and never posted a message. Yes?

Not too sure myself David. I'd have thought that it would take a good number of posts to earn that title but I'm not sure what the thresholds are. Mike would most likely know? Hopefully he'll illuminate for us.. :)

I saw one "well known" member who signed up in 2010 with 8 messages under the belt. That prompted me to ask.
Trouble is, I cannot find that post anymore.

I found the thread.
It will not be proper for me to show. It will be disrespectful and unprofessional.

Send in pm then..

My purpose of the original question is NOT aimed at removing the label/title ( well known member ) from that particular member.
My purpose is to know How titles such as this is given. Under what criteria.
At the moment, it does not seem logical, in light of what I have found.

I guess it's awarded after x amount of posts made by the user but as i mentioned above I'm not aware of the threshold numbers.

Not likely.
I suspect it's " time served " basis.
P.S. pm has been sent a few hours ago.

I see what you mean. I guess it could be earned in a couple of posts or as you say a time served basis. As I said before I'm unsure what the title is given for.. Mike will know I'm sure..

From what I can gather, it is determined as it is on some other forums I have participated in. The title displayed depends on the number of forum posts, and is automatically selected by the forum's standards. I also read that you can select a custom title, but only if you become a premium member, which involves paying a yearly subscription fee.

Back
Top Bottom