Windows 10 Heresay only..... but from a quite well known source

davidhk129

Excerpt............
As some of us Microsoft watchers have been hearing for months, Microsoft is planning to take the wraps off the so-called "consumer preview" of Windows 10 in January 2015.
The latest word from my sources with good track records on internal Windows information is that this is still the plan. But the next update to the Technical Preview will be known as the January Technical Preview (JTP), rather than the consumer preview, sources say. It will be followed by a February Tech Preview, a March Tech Preview, etc., my sources claim.
The coming JTP is expected to include support for Continuum, a feature that will allow users with two-in-one devices to more easily transition modes when connecting and disconnecting keyboards. It also may be the first build where Microsoft turns on Cortana integration in Windows 10.

http://www.zdnet.com/whats-next-for-windows-10-7000036358/

Last edited:
I can't see them getting it done by then unless they are happy to put it out riddled with bugs... after 8, I'd be in the fix it first, then release it camp and Microsoft NEEDS this one to work.

I can see that it is only a demonstration of the planned, and already incorporated, features of Windows 10. There is no intention to release the consumer preview for the public. The first sentence in David's quote, came from that original Terry Myerson's blog, which we all read

"Early in 2015 we’ll introduce the consumer chapter and talk much more about other device types and more consumer features. We’ll then continue the conversation with the developer chapter at our Build conference, and later in the year we’ll release Windows 10 and look forward to some amazing new devices."

We will continue to get the, now, monthly updates until the release.
I am looking forward to the January chat though. At the moment I am still able to do everything on Windows 8 that Windows 10 has offered, so I am hoping to see something more interesting.!!.

Back
Top Bottom