We're not worthy - the Intel core I7 processor

tblount

I HIGHLY recommend this CPU. They are rated in the top 10 fastest processors on the market. I'm running a I7 920 system from Tiger Direct for $699 and have never seen any system run as fast and as solid - with so much power left over.

It is a refurbished system with 3 gigs ram, dvd writer, 750gb SATA hard drive, Vista installed and absolutely no signs of ever being used. Sams Club and other vendors have a similar I7 920 system that is NEW for about $1,000. In my option, this is an incredible deal - the best price/speed ratio there has ever been.

If you get a core I7 system, make sure the hard drive is 7,200 rpm and 3 gigs of memory. The core I7 runs better with 3, 6, 12 or 24 gigs of memory. I have never been able to get the cpu to use more than 15% its potential, even running about 30 programs at the same time. I have seldom seen it go over 3% cpu usage. Even when defragging, running email and typing this, it only goes to 6% (sometimes). Users that do heavy graphics editing say their core I7 processors finishes 45 minute projects in about 15 minutes. Here are the key features:

Intel Core i7 processors technology enables highly threaded applications to get more work done in parallel. With 8 threads available to the operating system, multi-tasking becomes even easier.

Intel Smart Cache provides a higher-performance, more efficient cache subsystem. Optimized for industry leading multi-threaded games.
Intel QuickPath Interconnect is designed for increased bandwidth and low latency. It can achieve data transfer speeds as high as 25.6 GB/sec with the Extreme Edition processor. YOU MAY NOT HAVE THIS FEATURE UNLESS YOU UPDATE/FLASH YOUR BIOS. YOU HAVE TO GET YOUR BIOS UPDATES FROM THE COMPANY THAT MADE YOUR COMPUTER.

Whatever computer brand you have, I strongly recommend you add a hard drive cooling fan. They are only about $5 or $6 with free shipping. The hard drive in my new system was hot to the touch and I knew heat would shorten the lifespan. An old trick to get data off a dead hard drive (that would still spin) one last time was to put it in a freezer over night. Also there is a great program called "HDD Regenerator" that will lift data off the surface of the drive plates and restore the surface and lay the data back down. This has fixed/repaired a drive to run for a little longer. It works on any kind of harddrive and is not connected with any operating system (except setting up the boot disk.)

Back
Top Bottom