We're not worthy - the Intel core I7 processor

I HIGHLY recommend this CPU. They are rated in the top 10 fastest processors on the market. I'm running a I7 920 system from Tiger Direct for $699 and have never seen any system run as fast and as solid - with so much power left over.

It is a refurbished system with 3 gigs ram, dvd writer, 750gb SATA hard drive, Vista installed and absolutely no signs of ever being used. Sams Club and other vendors have a similar I7 920 system that is NEW for about $1,000. In my option, this is an incredible deal - the best price/speed ratio there has ever been.

If you get a core I7 system, make sure the hard drive is 7,200 rpm and 3 gigs of memory. The core I7 runs better with 3, 6, 12 or 24 gigs of memory. I have never been able to get the cpu to use more than 15% its potential, even running about 30 programs at the same time. I have seldom seen it go over 3% cpu usage. Even when defragging, running email and typing this, it only goes to 6% (sometimes). Users that do heavy graphics editing say their core I7 processors finishes 45 minute projects in about 15 minutes. Here are the key features:

Intel Core i7 processors technology enables highly threaded applications to get more work done in parallel. With 8 threads available to the operating system, multi-tasking becomes even easier.

Intel Smart Cache provides a higher-performance, more efficient cache subsystem. Optimized for industry leading multi-threaded games.
Intel QuickPath Interconnect is designed for increased bandwidth and low latency. It can achieve data transfer speeds as high as 25.6 GB/sec with the Extreme Edition processor. YOU MAY NOT HAVE THIS FEATURE UNLESS YOU UPDATE/FLASH YOUR BIOS. YOU HAVE TO GET YOUR BIOS UPDATES FROM THE COMPANY THAT MADE YOUR COMPUTER.

Whatever computer brand you have, I strongly recommend you add a hard drive cooling fan. They are only about $5 or $6 with free shipping. The hard drive in my new system was hot to the touch and I knew heat would shorten the lifespan. An old trick to get data off a dead hard drive (that would still spin) one last time was to put it in a freezer over night. Also there is a great program called "HDD Regenerator" that will lift data off the surface of the drive plates and restore the surface and lay the data back down. This has fixed/repaired a drive to run for a little longer. It works on any kind of harddrive and is not connected with any operating system (except setting up the boot disk.)

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.