What is set ap for ?

anotherwindowsuser

Hi,

I bought my dad a smart WiFi bulb but he's having trouble with it. Amazon has advised me to check "Please ensure the "Set AP Client Isolation" function on the router is disabled.".

There appears to be no function on out bt homehub with this wording, is there another way to do this? Thanks in advance.

This is a setting with in your wireless router. It's fairly common on wireless routers. It prevents devices from talking to each other on a wireless network. (Security feature)

This is a setting with in your wireless router. It's fairly common on wireless routers. It prevents devices from talking to each other on a wireless network. (Security feature)

hi,
Thank you for your response, are there any other names given for this? The smart hub is fairly recent, like a year old and its very fast, so if its a security feature I'd expect it to be on it. Thanks,.

Is the hub acting as your wireless router or did you have wireless internet prior to it? The device you connect all other devices to wirelessly is where this setting would be enabled or not.

Opening a command prompt and typing ipconfig should give you a 'Default Gateway' this address is generally the source of your wireless network and accessing it https://x.x.x.x where the x.x.x.x is the gateway address. You'll need to login there and locate that setting and disable it.

Is the hub acting as your wireless router or did you have wireless internet prior to it? The device you connect all other devices to wirelessly is where this setting would be enabled or not.

Opening a command prompt and typing ipconfig should give you a 'Default Gateway' this address is generally the source of your wireless network and accessing it https://x.x.x.x where the x.x.x.x is the gateway address. You'll need to login there and locate that setting and disable it.

The hub is connected to landline and the hub also has wired and wifi connections off it going to printer and tvs for example as a wire but wifi for others in the house to connect to.

I went onto BT live chat and they said ""We need to split the SSID to get it resolved."" so I've emailed my dad who is their account holder to discuss. Thanks for your input.

It turns out doing this split ssis is merely turning the 2.4ghz and 5ghz into seperate networks. I dont see how that correlates to what has been posted on here. Anyway one of the lights has been able to work at my brothers house but his router has no AP option either so we are no nearer understand how it connects..

Back
Top Bottom