Windows 7 What video editing application?

Highwayman

Extraordinary Member
i'm buying a 1080p digital camcorder next week and was wondering what's a decent editing program with regard to using H264 formats on a 64bit win7? (any that use nvidia Cuda for example). At the minute the shortlist seems to be Sony or Adobe Premier...are there any decent alternatives?

A great resource to hit for help on Video Editing and Conversion or other questions is

VideoHelp.com

Just keep in mind that not all free (or even payware for that matter) software for working with Video is even remotely good.
If you do decide to try some of them listed on the site, it will be a trial by fire kinda thing.

But beyond the software that is listed, there is a lot of other great info for newbies to video/audio editing/conversion.
There are other sites as well.

Video editing is an art form and what works for one may not work for another.

I use several tools.....

If you want to create some decent DVD's, (this is not an editing tool) this is a DVD creation tool. You will ahve to research them to see if they will support or create HD DVD's ,,, but I do Recommend DVDLab

Last edited:
I'm having some good luck with Movavi Suite 8 software. I does lots of conversionas and can DOWNLOAD video's off the internet, such as You Tube. I like being able to save videoes off the internet.

http://www.movavi.com/suite/

A great resource to hit for help on Video Editing and Conversion or other questions is

VideoHelp.com

Just keep in mind that not all free (or even payware for that matter) software for working with Video is even remotely good.
If you do decide to try some of them listed on the site, it will be a trial by fire kinda thing.

But beyond the software that is listed, there is a lot of other great info for newbies to video/audio editing/conversion.
There are other sites as well.

Video editing is an art form and what works for one may not work for another.

I use several tools.....

If you want to create some decent DVD's, (this is not an editing tool) this is a DVD creation tool. You will ahve to research them to see if they will support or create HD DVD's ,,, but I do Recommend DVDLab
+1 for videohelp.com
Whatever doubts I have in regards to videos, I head up straight there to get a solution. Good thing is, free softwares are aplenty which does the same job more prettier than the paid ones.

Back
Top Bottom