When's The Best Time To Get A Monitor

EDLIU

Hi,

I'm thinking about getting a 27 inch 1080p(1440p better) monitor. From Samsung, Dell, or ViewSonic. I'd like to get a latest released monitor if possible. So, when's "the best time" to make a purchase?

Thanks.

Ed

Hi,

I'm thinking about getting a 27 inch 1080p(1440p better) monitor. From Samsung, Dell, or ViewSonic. I'd like to get a latest released monitor if possible. So, when's "the best time" to make a purchase?

Thanks.

Ed

I find that 14:10 is best for me, I’ve had lunch and I’m raring to go! Sorry, I couldn’t resist that.

There are, and always has been, two schools of thought about new technology:

1. Always buy the latest and stay up to date.

2. Don’t be a guinea pig with a new product, wait until it’s fully tried and tested.

Hi,

Thanks.

Ed
Hi,
depending on where you live you might be able to take advantage of days like 'Black Friday'.

Hi,

What I meant was that "should I get a monitor now"? Or wait for the new release(2017)?

If wait for the new release, when will the companies(narrowed down to Samsung, Dell, or ViewSonic) have their new displays(27 inch, 1080p/1440p)?

Sorry if I mislead you.

Thanks.

Ed

End of the year. Samsung usually announces new products at their IFA conference. Although new monitors come out all the time so there isn't really a better time to wait for to get a monitor.

Hi,

Dell has a SE2717H monitor that seems okay to me. But it's "1080p".

Does anyone know whether there will be "new(2017) and 1440p" monitors released soon?

BTW, how much do 27 inch, 1440p monitors cost today? Are they expensive? The Dell SE2717H is $249.

Thanks.

Ed

The best time to buy a new monitor is when you can cough up the cash or space on your Credit Card to go buy one! :rofl: LOL.

<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>

End of the year. Samsung usually announces new products at their IFA conference. Although new monitors come out all the time so there isn't really a better time to wait for to get a monitor.

Hi, Nee,

When will the IFA conference take place? I googled, but it doesn't say on the Internet.

Thanks.

Ed

Back