Windows 7 Where has the IDC Comstock Stocks Sidebar Gadget (1.1.0.0) Gone?

petes457

The IDC Comstock Stocks sidebar gadget which has been one of main gadget presented to users from right-clicking on the Desktop since Vista has now disappeared from the selection list. (The last build I saw it on was build 7100.) Does anyone know why it has been removed and if it can be found? It was also a gadget on Vista and I've used it for quite a while. Any help in finding this gadget to be deployed on builds later than 7100 would be appreciated. Thanks.

Me too!

I've depended on this gadget for years and suddenly it's gone...I really need something like this gadget. I've searched but have not found anything like. Does someone have any leads to an alternative???

I've depended on this gadget for years and suddenly it's gone...I really need something like this gadget. I've searched but have not found anything like. Does someone have any leads to an alternative???

No kidding. One would think that a Stock Quote gadget would be one of the premier gadgets for a personal and/or business computer. This gadget was easily available through Windows since the beginning of Vista - it may not have been great, but at least it was something to keep you abreast of market averages - and now it's gone all of a sudden with no ready replacement. It really doesn't make sense; what are people using as a quick and dirty view of spot market averages on the sidebar?? Anyway, I'd love to hear from people who are finding a replacement for the Stocks gadget.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom