Windows 7 where is aero ....

silentsmoke

hi ..sorry for my bad english, u have installed win 7 7000 build , i don t know where is thje aero program , not shake, and dreamescene ...plese help me...

Does your graphics card first off support the windows aero? Also make sure you have the driver for it installed instead of the standard driver for aero to work.

Enable Aero

I got this information here, which is for Vista, but worked for Windows 7 on my TouchSmart:
If you have a video card that is using WDDM drivers and supports DirectX 9c but is not allowing you to use vista glass, there is a cool trick that you can use to force Aero to run. Follow the steps below:
  1. Click on the start button and key in regedit and hit Enter.
  2. Navigate through, HKEY_CURRENT_USER, Software, Microsoft, Windows and DWM.
  3. Set Composition to 1 and CompositionPolicy to 2.
  4. Restart the DWM by restarting the Desktop Windows Manager Session Manager service. This can be done in services.msc or by typing net stop uxsms and net start uxsms at command prompt.
Once the service restarts you will have glass!
Now on my system, the Composition was already set to 1, but CompositionPolicy was set to 0. You should probably open a command prompt as an administrator in order to run the net stop uxsms and net start uxsms commands.

I have tried regedit hack...

I have tried regedit hack(Blur 0, Animations 0, and UseMachineCheck 0) and I can Net Stop uxsms, but when I try to Net Start uxsms in the cmd promt, it says, starting uxsms then freezes then I have to restart in Safe Mode and undo the regedit hack. It already came with composition 1 and compositionPolicy 2 but it doesn't meet the video card requirments, thus I have no Windows Aero, can anyone help me?:confused:

Last edited:
Hey budd this Straight from KEZ News site they say to try this Method...

To display Aero effects such as transparency in Windows 7, follow these steps:

1. Make sure that Windows Experience Index has been calculated and computed.
2. Click on Start menu.
3. Type the following text into the Start Search box: Aero
4. Click on a search result listing under Control Panel group that named as the following: Find and fix problems with transparency and other Visual Effects
6. Trick: If you don’t see “Find and fix problems with transparency and other visual effects” in the search results, click on Control Panel to see all Aero related items in Control Panel.
5. An “Aero - Troubleshoot computer problems” wizard dialog will appear. Click on Next button.

Fix and Troubleshoot Aero Transparency in Windows 7

The troubleshooting wizard will try to detect any problem by running a series of checks against various components required to make Aero works and running, such as video memory, Desktop Windows Manager (DWM) service, color depth, theme, power settings and etc. At the end of the analysis, the wizard will attempt to fix the issues related to Aero service and restart the Aero feature.

6. Tip: If there is still items that are marked with red cross which indicates is the problems that prevent Aero from working properly, fix the issues and then rerun the “Find and fix problems with transparency and other visual effects” troubleshooting wizard again.

Tip: To create a shortcut to ‘Find and fix problems with transparency and other visual effects’, right click on it on search results, and then click on Open file location. On the “All Tasks” window opened, right click on Find and fix problems with transparency and other visual effects again, and select Create Shortcut to place the shortcut on desktop.

If everything fails, try the hack to force enable Windows Aero in Windows 7.

Have FUN !!!

Last edited:
Now it works, but when I attempt to apply, it says "Please Wait", and then freezes, and when I re-start the screen goes black, and I get sound, but that's it, so then I have to go to Safe Mode, and undo Regedit Hack.

Last edited:
Now it works, but when I attempt to apply, it says \"Please Wait\", and then freezes, and when I re-start the screen goes black, and I get sound, but that's it, so then I have to go to Safe Mode, and undo Regedit Hack.

Did you install the latest driver for your graphics card? Some cards seem to have problems getting Aero from the driver Windows Update gives. Get the driver from ATI's website and install it. Perhaps you'll have better luck then? :D

For x86
http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Pages/radeonmob_win7-32.aspx

For x64
http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Pages/radeonmob_win7-64.aspx

Last edited:
Hey budd this Straight from KEZ News site they say to try this Method...

To display Aero effects such as transparency in Windows 7, follow these steps:

1. Make sure that Windows Experience Index has been calculated and computed.

I just installed Win7 for the first time. Aero and it's associated features (peek, shake, taskbar previews, transparency) did not work, even after I installed the most up to date nVIDIA drivers. Fortunately, as soon as I calculated the Windows Experience Index as suggested above, Aero and features automatically started working! Thanks for the post. =D

To calculate your Windows Experience Index:
Control Panel -> System
Follow rating link.

Back