Windows Vista Which disc would I need - Upgrade or Full?

SmellySocks91

There appears to be numerous errors on my copy of Windows Vista Home Premium over the months, especially in the registry where it caused installation errors for iTunes.

I don't have recovery discs to repair Windows or reinstall from.

If I were to buy a copy from the stores to patch up the missing parts or repair from, which one will I need? Upgrade or Full?

Also, I have MS Office 2007 Pro on it. Will I be able to reinstall it once I fix Windows? It is licensed for ONE PC only. Will it count as a second PC if I reinstalled?

First thing I would do before a reinstall of OS it to try and clean up the system and debug it. Here are some suggestions. All of these are free and you can get them from cnet.com/downloads.

Spybot S&D
Malwarebytes
Ad-aware AE
Spyware doctore (from google pack)
CCleaner
Advance System Care 3
Auslogic Disk cleaner
Auslogic Regisry cleaner

Once you do all this then check your system and see if you still have issues. If so next thing to do would be to do a system restore to and earlier date. Run all those and then post back with your results and we can go from there.

There appears to be numerous errors on my copy of Windows Vista Home Premium over the months, especially in the registry where it caused installation errors for iTunes.

I don't have recovery discs to repair Windows or reinstall from.

If I were to buy a copy from the stores to patch up the missing parts or repair from, which one will I need? Upgrade or Full?

Also, I have MS Office 2007 Pro on it. Will I be able to reinstall it once I fix Windows? It is licensed for ONE PC only. Will it count as a second PC if I reinstalled?
**Did you buy your computer with this version "Windows Vista Home Premium" installed? Do you know the history of your computer ? You'll need to have your "Key" available. What ever your "key" says, that's the version you are. If it brings up XP then you will need to upgrade. (We can find the "key" if necessary, and you can order new discs)

Back
Top Bottom