Windows 7 Why are there so many rundll32 processes with ClearMyTracksByProcess?

pstein

Extraordinary Member
Occasionally my IntExp 11 under 64bit Win 7 is very, very slow or even blocked.
When I look into the TaskManager I find oftentimes lots of processes of type.
See attached snapshot

rundll32 for inetcpl ... ClearMyTracksProcess

I did not start these processes intentionally at least not manually.

They must be started automatically by IE itself or Windows or whatever.

Where do these process come from?

How do I force them to be faster executed?

Most of the time they run fast and close itself immediately.
Interestingly they seem not to run. The process load is 0

Thanks
Peter

Attachments

• many rundll32 mit ClearMyTracksByProcess.png
    many rundll32 mit ClearMyTracksByProcess.png
    148 KB · Views: 260
Hi Peter,
Well, it's like a puzzle, a cyber-Rubik's cube. We certainly would need more information to go on that what you are providing us, including full specs on your hardware, including what type of computer it is, desktop or laptop, OEM (Dell, HP, Acer, Toshiba, MSI), or self-built PC or custom-built PC and if so, full Motherboard, CPU specs, GPU card specs, PSU Make/Model/Wattage and Make/Model of computer if not self-built or custom-built.

We're not sitting in front of your system so we don't know what you've put on there for the last 5 or 10 years you've had that computer. If you have W7, it's 7 years old and you'll have to agree there's a lot of stuff you can put on a computer during that time.

If you don't have your specs handy, we suggest you download the free SPECCY program from piriform.com and install it and post the resulting output text file back here to this thread so we can analyze your hardware. I'm not familiar with this specific service call
ClearMyTracksProcess; but my guess is it's from a poorly written app that has some kind of spyware in it and it's spawning multiple services to allow it to do bad things to your computer (along with spying on your surfing habits), and that many rundll32 library calls certainly is enough to make me suspicious unless you have like 300 programs in your Windows startup!

The most likely culprit here, given that you mention your IE11 is busted are these 2 causes:
1.) Virus/spyware that has attacked and infected your system. Busted IE11 browser indicates a very high probability. You didn't indicate whether any of your other browsers such as Chrome, Firefox, Opera, etc. are working ok or not. In either case, the busted IE11 is a RED FLAG. When IE11 is busted is almost always virus-related, and sometimes it damages your Windows registry hive files and after that it's all over and usually cannot be repaired without a full windows reset or reinstallation from factory recovery media.
2.) Failed Hard Drive. Your computer is 7 years old. If you've owned it since it was new have you replaced the Hard Drive it came with from the factory since then? If not, you have a very high likelihood that your hard drive is failing or has failed. Many IE11 problems such as yours are directly attributable to this failure. Have you tested your hardware yet? Hard Drive and all your RAM sticks as well? If not, you should start with hardware testing first (we strongly recommend this), and then proceed to applying various software solutions. Of course, before attempting any of this troubleshooting and repair you SHOULD MAKE CERTAIN THAT YOU HAVE ALL YOUR LIBRARY FOLDERS CONTAINING YOUR PERSONAL DATA BACKED UP TO EXTERNAL MEDIA FIRST!!!

Here is a Post I wrote which pieces together step-by-step troubleshooting and hardware testing procedures, as well as common software repairs all in one document. It's part my stuff and part posts I use from other WF users, and it has about an 85% chance of fixing this kind of problem if you are patient and put in the time to follow all the steps: Windows 10 - Unclickable Task Bar.
I suggest you start at my POST #6 under my username = BIGBEARJEDI.

This process will take you 3-4 days depending on your technical expertise.

Another thing you can try if you're not the patient type is spend about $60 and buy a 2nd hard drive and replace your C:_bootdrive; install W7 from scratch or factory recovery media you have (DVD or USB) and retest. If you don't have the broken IE11 and all the rundll32 library calls amassed there, you can pretty much assume your old hard drive was causing the problem. Whether or not there were viruses, it won't matter, and you may just decide to keep that new drive and install all your programs and restore you personal data back to it and go from there. Chuck the old drive or recycle it--depends on your personal eco-ethics. And you're good to go!:up:

Best, :encouragement:
<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>

Back
Top Bottom