Windows 7 Will Microsoft ever fix their game server?

Bryon Barkley

I simply want to play internet backgammon or spades, but am getting error connecting to the game server. The error code is 0x80041004. I have Internet connectivity, how else would I be able to post this!!! Yes, it has worked before, as recently as yesterday. No, nothing new has been installed recently. Microsoft... fix your server please.

Solution
I have the exact same problem for 3 days ongoing now. The ONLY changes made to my system were WINDOWS UPDATES. I have not downloaded anything else or installed anything else. How much do you want to bet that if I do a system restore to before the updates, the games would work! I, too, like to play backgammon and spades. I tried calling Microsoft and they said I have a memory problem on my computer that prevents me from accessing the Internet. HUH?

Where do they get their help? First, I called using my COMPUTER, via Google Voice. In other words, I have to be ON THE INTERNET to make the phone call! Second, I am on the Internet now, so obviously I don't have a problem accessing the Internet.

Third, according to my Task Manager...

I have the exact same problem for 3 days ongoing now. The ONLY changes made to my system were WINDOWS UPDATES. I have not downloaded anything else or installed anything else. How much do you want to bet that if I do a system restore to before the updates, the games would work! I, too, like to play backgammon and spades. I tried calling Microsoft and they said I have a memory problem on my computer that prevents me from accessing the Internet. HUH?

Where do they get their help? First, I called using my COMPUTER, via Google Voice. In other words, I have to be ON THE INTERNET to make the phone call! Second, I am on the Internet now, so obviously I don't have a problem accessing the Internet.

Third, according to my Task Manager, I have sufficient memory. I am able to play games online....just not the games embedded in Windows 7 Home Premium, which I prefer.

I'm thinking this has to do with the Windows updates recently installed.... I've had this problem many, MANY TIMES over the past 5 years, and always the issue has resolved itself...usually when Microsoft has discovered the problem is on THEIR END.

So, I have to ask....is this some kind of ploy by Microsoft to get me to switch to Windows 10? Newsflash: NO. Not until Microsoft gets the MANY, MANY BUGS OUT of Windows 10 will I switch over! Everything I've read about Windows 10 warns of the problems and everyone who has it is really frustrated with it.

I hate to not be able to play Backgammon and Spades anymore, but I won't be switching over to Windows 10 anytime soon...so PLEASE, Microsoft, FIX YOUR GAME SERVERS FOR WINDOWS 7!

Solution
I believe there is a cheat program for Microsoft backgammon and possibly other games. I have been playing backgammon for over 30 years. There is no way that someone rolls that many doubles in a row, the exact roll needed consecutively multiple times. Its impossible. It happens not just once in awhile, but, out of 10 games probably 70%. Getting to the error, as soon as I start winning the error pops up and the game is frozen. It happens EVERY time the suspicious rolls take place. That is not a coincidence. Is anyone else experiencing the same thing?

I know of a way to hack the game with your own dice software… any Microsoft server allows it but I don’t use the hack and haven’t played against any one I suspect of using it.

I admit to not playing much lately and only against non-Russo’s