Windows 7 Will Microsoft ever fix their game server?

Bryon Barkley

I simply want to play internet backgammon or spades, but am getting error connecting to the game server. The error code is 0x80041004. I have Internet connectivity, how else would I be able to post this!!! Yes, it has worked before, as recently as yesterday. No, nothing new has been installed recently. Microsoft... fix your server please.

FYi it works fine for me here in Australia
igames.png

I simply want to play internet backgammon or spades, but am getting error connecting to the game server. The error code is 0x80041004. I have Internet connectivity, how else would I be able to post this!!! Yes, it has worked before, as recently as yesterday. No, nothing new has been installed recently. Microsoft... fix your server please.

I have the exact same problem for 3 days ongoing now. The ONLY changes made to my system were WINDOWS UPDATES. I have not downloaded anything else or installed anything else. How much do you want to bet that if I do a system restore to before the updates, the games would work! I, too, like to play backgammon and spades. I tried calling Microsoft and they said I have a memory problem on my computer that prevents me from accessing the Internet. HUH?

Where do they get their help? First, I called using my COMPUTER, via Google Voice. In other words, I have to be ON THE INTERNET to make the phone call! Second, I am on the Internet now, so obviously I don't have a problem accessing the Internet.

Third, according to my Task Manager, I have sufficient memory. I am able to play games online....just not the games embedded in Windows 7 Home Premium, which I prefer.

I'm thinking this has to do with the Windows updates recently installed.... I've had this problem many, MANY TIMES over the past 5 years, and always the issue has resolved itself...usually when Microsoft has discovered the problem is on THEIR END.

So, I have to ask....is this some kind of ploy by Microsoft to get me to switch to Windows 10? Newsflash: NO. Not until Microsoft gets the MANY, MANY BUGS OUT of Windows 10 will I switch over! Everything I've read about Windows 10 warns of the problems and everyone who has it is really frustrated with it.

I hate to not be able to play Backgammon and Spades anymore, but I won't be switching over to Windows 10 anytime soon...so PLEASE, Microsoft, FIX YOUR GAME SERVERS FOR WINDOWS 7!

I believe there is a cheat program for Microsoft backgammon and possibly other games. I have been playing backgammon for over 30 years. There is no way that someone rolls that many doubles in a row, the exact roll needed consecutively multiple times. Its impossible. It happens not just once in awhile, but, out of 10 games probably 70%. Getting to the error, as soon as I start winning the error pops up and the game is frozen. It happens EVERY time the suspicious rolls take place. That is not a coincidence. Is anyone else experiencing the same thing?

I know of a way to hack the game with your own dice software… any Microsoft server allows it but I don’t use the hack and haven’t played against any one I suspect of using it.

I admit to not playing much lately and only against non-Russo’s

Back