Windows 10 Will not boot after update 2/13

Fenway16

Honorable Member
New Dell has been working pretty good. Got a windows update this morning and now system will not boot. Without going to the Macrium boot usb, is there anything else that can be done.? Thanks.

Try booting into safe mode and remove the update and see if they allows you to boot.

Thanks but looks like solved. I don't know what gives with this "machine" - this is the 2nd time this has happened and it takes me a while to figure out what's going on. I revisited the pc and heard a humming/buzzing noise. I picked it up to listen more closely and there was def some noise coming from it. I held the power button down for a few and it stopped -- as in turned off! It seems that every time I change the power and sleep settings, this happens. I just recently changed them - then changed them back to what I originally had - I believe it happened one other time as well. So I guess all is well but I don't know why that happens. Thanks.
Also boot was the wrong term I guess - you need power to boot and it looked like I did not have power so would not have been able to follow your suggestion. Do appreciate your help.

Back