Windows 10 Win 10 upgrade fail error code 80070083

StuartWelch

I am trying to upgrade my PC using the "Get Windows 10" icon...
But... it fails and now it is like my PC is busy (slow internet response) but there is no internet traffic...
I have Win 7 Home Premium, 6 core 3.3Ghz 8 GB ram (but I have the 32 bit version, Bought the wrong one)
I have satellite internet, if that helps...

Here is the error:
----------------------------------------------
Upgrade to Windows 10 Home
Installation date: ‎8/‎9/‎2015 11:27 PM
Installation status: Failed
Error details: Code 80070083
Update type: Important
Install the next version of Windows.

-------------------------------------------------------------

It fails right at the start and nothing has been downloaded.

I read about almost every possible solution to get windows 10 update but I keep getting error codes, all kinds of... example: code 80070083... I try too google them and fix but nothing helps, not clean boot, not troubleshooter for updates, not shutting down antivirus programs.... this link you send me for the helpprogram works, its starts downloading but never gets over 0% even if I let it run whole night... It's also hard to shut down. Now I have a windows 8.1 version, that was the original version when I bought it.

Sean when you used the Windows 10 media creation tool did you check on system compatibility?

@Sean:
Please provide hardware specs on your machine. Make/Model (such as Dell Inspiron 1545, etc.). It would also be helpful if you can download the free SPECCY program from piriform.com and post your text result back here on this thread for us to analyze.

Does your hard drive have at least 9GB of free space? That's a MS requirement in order to run the upgrade. If your hard drive is too full your upgrade will fail and will throw a whole lot of error messages similar to above (0x000807xxxx).
And don't forget to answer kemical's question about the W10 COMPATIBILITY TEST. Here's a link with more information on what it is and how it works: Get Windows 10 app - Check Compatibility Report for Windows 10

Luck to you,
<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>

Yup. Got this. So, what's the deal with unanswered threads??; is there a roll-off date when you expire them, or do you just leave them open for gullible people like me to jump in and try to answer?? Help me to understand what your process is here...

BBJ

It's weird you found it in the unanswered threads as it already has an answer (of sorts) again it seems the user left and probably found the answer somewhere else.

Back