Windows 7 Win 7 7137 do not remember the password to the Internet

pikolo75

Honorable Member
I have a SpeedTouch 330 modem and DSL. After I install win7 7137 32 bit or 64 bit and install the modem drivers for Internet connections in the system does not remember password and login to the Internet. Every time I have to manually type the same. I tried AutoConnect but it does not help. Does anyone else have the same problem? And can this be changed?

I have a SpeedTouch 330 modem and DSL. After I install win7 7137 32 bit or 64 bit and install the modem drivers for Internet connections in the system does not remember password and login to the Internet. Every time I have to manually type the same. I tried AutoConnect but it does not help. Does anyone else have the same problem? And can this be changed?

I thinks there is an enormous bug on 7137 regarding the password management on RRAS (dial up/VPN). rasphone.exe does not save any password related data. Because of this, i cannot connect to l2tp VPNs due to the inability to save the passphrase.

Any Workarround would be appreciated.

Regards,
Julián

I am having the same issues. My PPTP vpn settings won't save. Sometimes it will be stuck on "verifying username and password". And I do have to enter my VPN settings manually each time.

I thinks there is an enormous bug on 7137 regarding the password management on RRAS (dial up/VPN). rasphone.exe does not save any password related data. Because of this, i cannot connect to l2tp VPNs due to the inability to save the passphrase.

Any Workarround would be appreciated.

Regards,
Julián

Upgraded to 7201 and no good news in this field.

when you click on properties -> ipsec settings... it just stops responding. Nothing you can do but kill the explorer.exe. The system becomes unstable... ie crashes, you are only good again after restarting.

It could be related to an upgrade from 7137. I'm going to try a clean 7201 install on a virtual and get back.

Regards,
Julián

Upgraded to 7201 and no good news in this field.

when you click on properties -> ipsec settings... it just stops responding. Nothing you can do but kill the explorer.exe. The system becomes unstable... ie crashes, you are only good again after restarting.

It could be related to an upgrade from 7137. I'm going to try a clean 7201 install on a virtual and get back.

Regards,
Julián

ok... no luck. A clean install of 7201 does not work either. It's a real pity.

Dial Up Login username Password rememberance Problem

tHAT SUCKS!.......I hope they will fix it in 73xx......Windows 7 seems to be buggy OS......but its RC.... final release should be OK

Same problem here ... vpn connection can't remember username (and password) with latest builds
tested on 3 machines:
Laptop W7 build 7100 no problem !!!
Desktop W7 build 7201 (upgraded from 7100) blank username/psw/domain when started
Asus eeePc W7 build 7201 (clean install) same problem

/Flemming

Now i have one new issue build 7231 remmember Password and usename but cant connect or login my VPN service and double checked everything same problem .. anyone here using build 7231 having this problem??

Same Problem Here......

iam using windows 7 build 7201.. its a bug in windows 7.. password and username do not save in dilers.. every time its ask for username and password.................

Back