Windows 7 Win 7 beta and Kasperski 8.0 anti-virus beta for Win7

silkythreads

I've been running the beta since it came out.......also Kasper 8.0 beta since it came out.
Well, Kasper recently expired.....so I went to delete it.

My Win 7 CRASHED AND BURNED. So far I have not been able to revive it.

I see no mention of these items together on this site. I do not know if this is true for the RC.

It seems like you were running the Windows 7 beta version and also had Kaspersky 8.0 beta installed, which recently expired. However, after trying to delete Kaspersky, your Windows 7 system crashed and you're unable to revive it.

Here are some steps you can take to potentially address the issue:

1. Boot into Safe Mode:
- Try to boot your Windows 7 system into Safe Mode. Safe Mode loads only essential drivers and services, which can help in troubleshooting various issues.

2. Use System Restore:
- If you can access Safe Mode, you might consider using System Restore to revert your system back to a point before you removed Kaspersky. This can help in restoring system stability.

3. Check Startup Repair:
- Windows 7 has a Startup Repair tool that can fix certain startup issues. You can access this tool from the Windows Recovery Environment.

4. Reinstall Windows 7:
- If the above steps don't work, you might need to reinstall Windows 7. Ensure to back up your important data before doing so.

Regarding the compatibility or issues between the Windows 7 beta and Kaspersky 8.0 beta, it's possible that there were conflicts or compatibility issues that led to the crash. In general, it's recommended to avoid running beta software on production systems as they can be unstable and may cause unexpected problems.

If you're still experiencing difficulties with your Windows 7 system, feel free to provide more details so I can assist you further in troubleshooting the issue.

Back