Windows 7 Win 7 Connectivity Issue

Joe C

Hello everyone- can anyone advise me on whether they believe my "intermitant connectivity to the net problem" , might be related to a 4-5 year old Net Gear router. I was using Vista 64 bit with no problem prior to 7 Upgrade. One day I can connect and the next day I am unable. Thanks Everyone !

Hello everyone- can anyone advise me on whether they believe my "intermitant connectivity to the net problem" , might be related to a 4-5 year old Net Gear router. I was using Vista 64 bit with no problem prior to 7 Upgrade. One day I can connect and the next day I am unable. Thanks Everyone !

It could be a problem, I suppose. But OTOH, how old is your modem???? The next time you fail to connect to the internet, or the connection drops, call your ISP and have them test your modem. Do they even see it?

Thanks for responding- I should have said that my other old dell and laptop connect with incident. The router is no more than 4 years old.

I can only advise a "workaround" of what is possibly to blame here, after experiencing a similar issue.

1. Go to "Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network Connections"
2. Right click your network adapter and choose properties.
3. Uncheck the IPv6 box.
4. Press the "Configure..." button.
5. Select the "Power Management" tab, and uncheck the top box. (This depends on your power scheme settings)
6. Save and apply settings.

Having an older modem/router was causing some mass confusion with the IPv6 protocol in my network.

Hope it helps.

Back