Windows 7 Win 7 Fail Install with Fast System Spealker Beeps

stevensdale

RESOLVED - Bad MEDIA/DRIVE. USB Install got me running.

On a new PC (Asus P8Z68-vLX, Intel I5 2400, Corsair 4GB one stick Vengeance Ram) I can not install Windows 7 64 Bit. I get a black screen, with a cursor, and after brief (10 secs)time, I get fast system speaker beeps. It hangs there. I let it run for about 5 mins, (after watching a vid of a laptop which bios fast beeps for 3 mins every time they boot it), but it continues to hang.

The fast system beeps make me thing mobo/vid/ram, but these aren't really bios beeps (are they?) it passes the POST, and even starts a Win XP 32 install.

I've already removed the Radeon 6770, and the other 12GB of ram. I've tried each stick individually, in the A2 and B2 slots (as reccomended for one stick). I've unplugged everything except the keyboard and mouse, disabled everything in the bios except the SATA, which is running in the lowest compatibility mode.

I also tried installing Trusty old Win XP 32 bit. I didn't expect this to work, but thought it might give me a clue as to the failure:
STOP: 0X0000007E (OXC0000005, OXF748EOBF, OXF7DA208)
PCI.SYS - ADDRESS F748E0BF BASE AT F7487000,
DATE STAMP 3B7D855C

Google mostly points this to PCIe and SATA issues. But, it does get much farther than the Win 7 attempt. It loads all the files, and prompts me for drivers, then BSOD with the error.

Some random things I tried:
reducing all processor cores to 1
disabling all processor features (Virtualization)
set up a RAID 1/0, IDE, and AHCI
Kicked and Cursed it.

So far, nothing has worked.
Thank You

Last edited:
I will have to look up the beep codes, but continuous fast beeps might indicate a heat problem.

Do you see any red Leds on the motherboard? They will usually cycle during the boot but not stay on.

My system beeps once during boot and that is all.

Any red Leds? Where do you have the TPU and EPU switches?

Are you using a UEFI install?

Beep codes are supposed to be specific. What is the pattern? Did you install the small motherboard speaker?

Have you adjusted the Bios setting as to which type of video source you are using?

Edit: If you use an AHCI SATA controller option in the bios, XP will normally blue screen during the first reboot. Use IDE for it, unless perhaps you have an XP SP3 media.

Where did you get the Media for Windows 7?

Last edited:
No Red Leds, just one green near the SATA. I've tried the TPU in both position, the mem is just a push button. The TPU in one posistion starts the computer re-booting a few times, and ends ultimately in the same Win 7 fast beeping failure.

I'm not sure its a bios beep code. It is well after the post. Its just a rapid beep, no pattern, just fast, continous beep.
Win 7 Media is genuine, and the only known good of the whole situation.

I'm going to try a live version of linux from mem stick...

I have an earlier version of your board and no an LX. But the only green light I see is the Reset button next to the power button.

If the LED is next to the Sata Port connectors, the closest one I show is at the end of the PCI slots for a Boot Device. But you can check your owners manual for the actual locations, and some of the beep codes.

What type of hard drive are you using and where is it plugged in?

Problem is now resolved. The only "known good" part of the system, turned out to be not good. Bad Media. I USB Jump Drived it, and all is good. Turns out that DVD doesn't read in the new drive.
Thanks for the help.

Glad you got it working..still wondering what the sounds were :confused:

Back
Top Bottom