Windows 7 Win 7 Ultimate and access to 3 online appilcations

Clive Start

Hi all,

I have recently installed Windows 7 Ultimate on my M400 tablet and mostly LOVE it! So for nearly everything I need to use works fine. I have though now found 3 different applications that complain about Web Proxy access despite my being able to put in proxy server, port, username and password, and don't authenticate successfully. The specific apps are Kaseya remote accesss (hosted), Movie Collector, and Goodsync. The later 2 allow entry of proxt details but don't seem to accept them. They all worked fine on Vista Ultimate on this same hardware with the same server. I also cabn confirm that Kaseya works fine from a Windows 7 Professional box that has a direct internet connection (not behind my SBS2003 Premium box.

I have added exceptions to the Windows Firewall for Goodsync and for Movie Collector (the executables anyway) and no dice.

Anybody else had success with these applications or maybe just helping get "blocked" applications working?

Thanks & regards,
Clive

Hello and welcome to the windows7forums,

Create restore point first.

Are you by chance running Windows Defender?

Try going to Start > Run, type services.msc and scowl down until you see Windows Defender. If it's running, choose stop, then set it to manual.

Better yet, open Control Pane; > System, click the advanced system setting, click the Settings button under the Performance options and check the box for Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I wish to select.

Back