thanksOK, hre's the specific steps I took to try to share a file on the Win 10 machine:
1. Open File Explorer
2. Drill down to file I want to share
3. Select file that I want to share
4. Click SHARE tab on the ribbon bar
5. Click SPECIFIC PEOPLE in pull down menu
6. Highlight EVERYONE and select READ/WRITE
7. Click SHARE
8. Click NEXT
9. Click DONE
10. Right click the same file
11. Click PROPERTIES
12. Select SECURITY tab
13. Click EVERYONE
14. Click EDIT
15. FULL CONTROL/MODIFY/etc. is already selected and greyed out
16. Click OK
17. Click ADVANCED
18. Select SHARE tab
19. Click EVERYONE
20. FULL CONTOL access is already granted
21. Click OK twice.
That’s it. Did I miss anything? At this point the Wim 8.1 machine still cannot see the shared file on the win10 machine. FWIW, another computer (win 10 Home) cannot see the shared file either. Also, all machines involved have been rebooted after all these steps were completed.
Any suggestions? Thanx again!