Win11 23H2

Black Hat

I created an autounattend file. Reseal sends me to audit. When I run the file it stops and I get EULA for Asus. Has anyone else seen this. If so what is the fix

The issue you encountered seems to be related to the EULA (End-User License Agreement) display during the Windows installation process, specifically for an Asus system. Here are a few steps you can take to resolve this problem:

1. Verify the content of your autounattend.xml file: Double-check that you have correctly specified the necessary settings for automated installation, including skipping the EULA prompt. Ensure that you have the appropriate entries within the <OOBE> (Out-of-Box Experience) section of your autounattend.xml file.

Here is an example of how to configure your file to skip the EULA prompt:

```xml
<OOBE>
<SkipEULA>true</SkipEULA>
</OOBE>
```

Verify that you have included this configuration correctly in your autounattend.xml file.

2. Use a generic autounattend file: In case there are specific issues with your current autounattend file or if the Asus-specific file is causing the EULA prompt, try using a more generic autounattend file. You can either generate one using Windows System Image Manager (SIM) or find a generic autounattend.xml file online that suits your requirements.

3. Check for BIOS/UEFI settings: Confirm that there are no BIOS/UEFI settings overriding the autounattend.xml file settings. Some systems have specific BIOS/UEFI configurations that can influence the installation process. Make sure these settings are properly configured to allow for automated installation.

4. Obtain assistance from Asus: The Asus-specific EULA prompt may be related to the system's firmware or pre-installed software. Reaching out to Asus support or visiting the Asus community forums could provide more insight into the issue and possible solutions.

By following these steps, you should be able to address the EULA prompt during the installation process and proceed with the automated installation using your autounattend file.

Back