Windows 7 Win7 7100 x86 is out there...confirmed real

Same here. For some reason that 3.04Gb ISO file was not the real thing, so I'm still downloading (only between 12-24kB/s though) - if the ETA is at all accurate, then it will be at least another 24-30 hours before the whole lot is downloaded. I think every man and his dog must be trying to download it and it's created a huge bottleneck. :frown:

Yes . I am at 1.91 gig at the moment :( It is getting there but sloOOwwllleey :)

Same here. For some reason that 3.04Gb ISO file was not the real thing, so I'm still downloading (only between 12-24kB/s though) - if the ETA is at all accurate, then it will be at least another 24-30 hours before the whole lot is downloaded. I think every man and his dog must be trying to download it and it's created a huge bottleneck. :frown:

Guess by the time I get the RC downloaded everyone will be installing the next version ;)

It's funny though because all these people that are downloading the leaked RC are going to turn right around and download it from MS when it's officially released too.. ;) The same as when the Beta was released.. ;)

"what?
We're going to re-download something we've already downloaded and installed?
Uh, I think not."

Maybe they will!
7100 is another build, which can be activated with the original Beta keys. This is simply an evaluation copy of the RC and not the one being prepared for the May release. The April 21st date is in the properties followed by 22 on the torrents. It is genuine but for evaluation only.
The RC, which is due in 5 days, will have, for technet downloaders, 10 unique keys, as always. I cannot, at this stage, perceive a great deal of difference in the two releases/leaks. So if downloaders of 7100 are happy with it, and can wait for someone to pop up with a good crack for the time expiry, then go for it.

Windows 7 Release Candidate Update - Windows 7 Team Blog - The Windows Blog

Last edited by a moderator:
\"what?
We're going to re-download something we've already downloaded and installed?
Uh, I think not.\"

Maybe they will!
7100 is another build, which can be activated with the original Beta keys. The RC, which is due in 5 days, will have, for technet downloaders, 10 unique keys, as always. I cannot, at this stage, perceive a great deal of difference in the two releases/leaks. So if downloaders of 7100 are happy with it, and can wait for someone to pop up with a good crack for the time expiry, then go for it.

Windows 7 Release Candidate Update - Windows 7 Team Blog - The Windows Blog

....and eggs for breakfast ;)

What is 7106, fake?

It would seem that the higher number would be the latest build, yet 7106 was leaked a couple of weeks ago or so. Was 7106 a fake? I downloaded it and burned it to DVD, but never installed it. 7106 was not labeled RC. Now comes build 7100 labeled RC1. What is the story behind the out-of-sequence build numbers? Anybody know the answer to this mystery?

Still not even half way downloaded yet :( It is the slowest download ever sorry but its taking ages !

My ISP decided to throttle me which is one reason it was so slow for me. I then decided to try the protocol encryption to prevent my ISP from identifying I was connected to a torrent. After doing this my download speed jumped from 10kB/s to 50kB/s.

From the Bit Torrent Help files:-
"4. Enabling Protocol Encryption

Some ISPs (Internet Service Providers) actively interfere with P2P activities in order to reduce their bandwidth requirements. This causes BitTorrent and other file sharing download speeds to become slow. To avoid this, BitTorrent and other clients have introduced an encryption protocol to prevent ISPs from identifying BitTorrent traffic.

• Go to Options > Preferences > BitTorrent. Set Outgoing under Protocol Encryption to Enable, check "Allow incoming legacy connections".
Some ISPs have extremely aggressive throttling methods and for those users it might be necessary to set outgoing to Forced; however this will greatly reduce the number of peers you can connect to. Enabled is sufficient for most users.

Hope that might help.

It would seem that the higher number would be the latest build, yet 7106 was leaked a couple of weeks ago or so. Was 7106 a fake? I downloaded it and burned it to DVD, but never installed it. 7106 was not labeled RC. Now comes build 7100 labeled RC1. What is the story behind the out-of-sequence build numbers? Anybody know the answer to this mystery?

Hope this helps :)

Link Removed - Invalid URL

My ISP decided to throttle me which is one reason it was so slow for me. I then decided to try the protocol encryption to prevent my ISP from identifying I was connected to a torrent. After doing this my download speed jumped from 10kB/s to 50kB/s.

From the Bit Torrent Help files:-
\"4. Enabling Protocol Encryption

Some ISPs (Internet Service Providers) actively interfere with P2P activities in order to reduce their bandwidth requirements. This causes BitTorrent and other file sharing download speeds to become slow. To avoid this, BitTorrent and other clients have introduced an encryption protocol to prevent ISPs from identifying BitTorrent traffic.

• Go to Options > Preferences > BitTorrent. Set Outgoing under Protocol Encryption to Enable, check \"Allow incoming legacy connections\".
Some ISPs have extremely aggressive throttling methods and for those users it might be necessary to set outgoing to Forced; however this will greatly reduce the number of peers you can connect to. Enabled is sufficient for most users.

Hope that might help.

Yes ty :)
I do use encryptian and normally it helps but think I am stuck for now with poor download speed :(

Last edited:
Thanks very much Whoosh, Your link cleared up that confusion. I'll just pitch 7106 and stay with 7068 for a couple of more weeks (May 5 it now appears). I am a Technet member, but when they say "available to technet members", they mean technet plus members for $300/yr. subscription. I ain't one of them.

anyone got 7100 x64?? is it up and running?

i've seen the 32bit one all over and a bunch of fake x64's.. anyone running it legitimately?

i've seen the 32bit one all over and a bunch of fake x64's.. anyone running it legitimately?

Yep, installed it this morning. Downloaded the torrent from TPB yesterday right after it was posted.
Very happy with it, a few annoying bugs from 7077 fixed, network performance improved, very responsive.

Cheers
Pete

Yep, installed it this morning. Downloaded the torrent from TPB yesterday right after it was posted.
Very happy with it, a few annoying bugs from 7077 fixed, network performance improved, very responsive.

Cheers
Pete

Good news :) Still on the last 25% this way ! Its a waiting game for me :(

Well, it's down and burnt onto DVD now. Now, do I upgrade or new install??

Decisions, decisions.

Anybody who has installed/upgraded with TPB file, have you checked the expiration date??

............... and tomorrow .................. and Monday. Boy is that torrent glacial :(

Ok.... started about an hour ago and at 20%?? i'd just like to verify though - is this the version you got? comments didn't confirm that this was the real 64 bit RC, just several people asking if it was or not... i'll kill it if its not. thanks!

i was just reading about doing an upgrade from beta to RC instead of clean install- i'd probably do the same thing since i just reinstalled 7077 for like the third time after my SG hdd bricked. Do post what you decide to do- may sway me to a side of the fence...
brandonm3-albums-my-stuff-picture47-download-status-w7-7100.jpg

Last edited:
See my earlier post. It is a genuine build, but still for evaluation. There will still be minor changes in the RC which is due in 5 days for technet, and May. 5th for the public. The RC will, naturally, have a feedback option.

See my earlier post. It is a genuine build, but still for evaluation. There will still be minor changes in the RC which is due in 5 days for technet, and May. 5th for the public. The RC will, naturally, have a feedback option.
cool..... so this isn't the RC?? i was under the assumption that it was? otherwise i would've played with the chinese version 7106. i realize that 'official' release for the RC is May 5th but being that there are all these other builds out there... along with technet not supporting anything other than 7000- they're not really even addressing people with other builds.. (well, actually they are- but they put a disclaimer up for anyone not running 7000)... just confused because so many other people are saying that they ARE running the RC. Guess i'll just have to wait until its finished dl'ing.

brandonm3-albums-my-stuff-picture48-download-status-w7-7100.jpg

this is flying now!!! ETA is < 20 mins now!! had me worried there that it was going to take forever...... still have to make sure that its the actual version.... but as long as it is- about two hours to dl. :D

Last edited:
Back