Windows 7 Win7 7100 x86 is out there...confirmed real

Just leeched it from usenet yesterday and made a clean install. And it's running smoooooth!

BrandonM3: Make a clean install! Last time I've upgraded from 7068 to 7077 and I wasn't satisfied. Took ages (well ok, I didn't have to use days to install progs and apps, but anyway) and didn't run well at all. That setup used half of my processor power, idling - one of the cores ran on 90% all the time - now I'm down to 5-10%, while I'm sitting here, writing! I used Easy Transfer to keep files and settings, went well.

Boot and shutting down is faster, got rid of a lot of annoying bugs, which I'm sure was because of the upgrade (let's see in two weeks, when I've installed and uninstalled tons of progs...).

To get it faster, try to find it on usenet (nntp) by using i.e. binsearch.net to get the nzb's, and try to find a newsgroup provider that gives you a free trial period - took me less than an hour to download.

There was some minor messing around finding drivers (actually the only one I had problems with was the fingerprint reader, took the UPEK driver and Lenovo software, then it worked. UPEK evaluation software for W7 didn't work at all).

But is this the RC? There where some mentions about changed UI, but haven't noticed any differences...

Just leeched it from usenet yesterday and made a clean install. And it's running smoooooth!

BrandonM3: Make a clean install! Last time I've upgraded from 7068 to 7077 and I wasn't satisfied. Took ages (well ok, I didn't have to use days to install progs and apps, but anyway) and didn't run well at all. That setup used half of my processor power, idling - one of the cores ran on 90% all the time - now I'm down to 5-10%, while I'm sitting here, writing! I used Easy Transfer to keep files and settings, went well.

Boot and shutting down is faster, got rid of a lot of annoying bugs, which I'm sure was because of the upgrade (let's see in two weeks, when I've installed and uninstalled tons of progs...).

To get it faster, try to find it on usenet (nntp) by using i.e. binsearch.net to get the nzb's, and try to find a newsgroup provider that gives you a free trial period - took me less than an hour to download.

There was some minor messing around finding drivers (actually the only one I had problems with was the fingerprint reader, took the UPEK driver and Lenovo software, then it worked. UPEK evaluation software for W7 didn't work at all).

But is this the RC? There where some mentions about changed UI, but haven't noticed any differences...
the dl is already completed- burning it to dvd as i type this. thanks for the advice, i will prob just do a clean install - that way i will know if there are any issues from the os and not because of an upgrade.

boot times and shutdown times are faster???? the first thing i noticed with W7 was how fast it booted from complete power off. it only takes about 45 seconds now!!!

regarding the fingerprint reader- which version are you running? 32bit or 64bit?? the reason i've had issues with the reader is because there was no support for 64bit - i just recently saw that there are NOW drivers available for Vista x64 which i tried to use with 7048 and 7077 without any luck. but i'm going to try your fix with the UPEK drivers. that'd be sweet if it works for me!! thanks!

OK, after Lause's comments I decided to go down the clean install route - it will take me a day longer as I've got plenty of apps to re-install but as s/he correctly pointed out, if odd things were to start happening, I wouldn't know if it was from this build or because I had upgraded.

Thanks Lause

OK, after Lause's comments I decided to go down the clean install route - it will take me a day longer as I've got plenty of apps to re-install but as s/he correctly pointed out, if odd things were to start happening, I wouldn't know if it was from this build or because I had upgraded.

Thanks Lause

How did it go ?

Everything except one application is fine. That was my fault though.

Running very smoothly - now just getting the last of my apps re-installed, adjusting and fin tuning system sounds/backgrounds and the like. :)

Everything except one application is fine. That was my fault though.

Running very smoothly - now just getting the last of my apps re-installed, adjusting and fin tuning system sounds/backgrounds and the like. :)

Good stuff and have a nice day :)

Yes, I've had enough for today - I was up a 6 am to install the download and it's now coming up to 8 pm - so I think I'll go and start preparing my evening meal :)

Good luck when you decide to take the plunge :razz:

Yes, I've had enough for today - I was up a 6 am to install the download and it's now coming up to 8 pm - so I think I'll go and start preparing my evening meal :)

Good luck when you decide to take the plunge :razz:

Already have plunged :

Link Removed due to 404 Error

Hi I have a Hp slimline s3620f with graphics NVIDIA GeForce 7100 / NVIDIA nForce 630i , 4gb of ram , 500 gb hard drive and dvd.. I don't know if windows 7 will work good on my system.. can soemone help me out.. and will the wireless work on w7?

Anyone? :( and can someone PM me the link to this version..

Last edited:
Moezy, I am running Windows 7 on a Pentium D processor, 2 GB ram and all onboard audio and graphics. I am using a D-Link usb wireless n adapter. It all runs like it was designed for 7. This illustrates the one HUGE improvement of 7 over Vista; 7 runs very nicely on modest equipment.

John, I can't seem to find the link to the new x64 w7.. If you can send me a private message with the link everyone is using..That would make it alot easier.. THanks

I got x64 7100 installed Saturday morning and had just enough time to install the Steam Client, have it download all my games and get Virtualbox up and running with all my VM's. I haven't had any time to mess with it beyond that though. Blame my wife for giving me a social life. :p

I won't have any time to play with it tonight either, but Wed I should have all evening to mess around. So far it looks good though. This weekend I'll have time to put it on my laptop as well and get everything loaded on that.

So far I'm very happy with it. I went clean install (always with a beta) and everything is working great. It's faster than 7057 and haven't run into a single bug (but again, haven't had much time with it yet).

I've already converted 3 people at work over to Win 7. :D

I got x64 7100 installed Saturday morning and had just enough time to install the Steam Client, have it download all my games and get Virtualbox up and running with all my VM's. I haven't had any time to mess with it beyond that though. Blame my wife for giving me a social life. :p

I won't have any time to play with it tonight either, but Wed I should have all evening to mess around. So far it looks good though. This weekend I'll have time to put it on my laptop as well and get everything loaded on that.

So far I'm very happy with it. I went clean install (always with a beta) and everything is working great. It's faster than 7057 and haven't run into a single bug (but again, haven't had much time with it yet).

I've already converted 3 people at work over to Win 7. :D

Hey ! Hey ! Neat stuff :D

Last edited:

Hey ! Hey ! Neat stuff :D

:razz:

I thought it was interesting that they have a kid oriented theme like that. I browsed through it real quick and thought it was really strange. That's not new in RC though, I had that in build 7057, don't remember iif it was in build 7000 or not (don't think it was).

:razz:

I thought it was interesting that they have a kid oriented theme like that. I browsed through it real quick and thought it was really strange. That's not new in RC though, I had that in build 7057, don't remember iif it was in build 7000 or not (don't think it was).

There are tons of wallpapers out now :) Well any pic can be a background .
Not a theme though . Glad to see you got everything working got to go pick my grandaughter up now thats why I ahd the kids theme in place :)
Bye and have fun :)

...what?
We're going to re-download something we've already downloaded and installed?
Uh, I think not.

Besides. 7134 is the latest build, so if I wanted to download something other than the RC, I'm going to wait for that.

Whatever, you might not and I won't but I gaurantee there will be people doing that once it's officially released.. they did it with the beta (build 7000) and they'll do it again.. :) It's just a funny observation... ;)

Whatever, you might not and I won't but I gaurantee there will be people doing that once it's officially released.. they did it with the beta (build 7000) and they'll do it again.. :) It's just a funny observation... ;)

Hey thats good news ! ty Radenight :)

Back