Windows 10 Window 10 hangs on logo after restart upgrade

Bazz Dunne

I have a Samsung RV511 and have recently tried to upgrade from win 7 to win 10. Everything goes smoothly until the restart after everything is downloaded. My laptop restarts and then hangs on the win 10 logo. I tried restarted and win 7 loads up and im greet with this message once I log on: 0xC1900101 - 0x20017
The installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during BOOT operation

Attachments

• IMAG0192.jpg
    IMAG0192.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 517
Hi Baz,
this error was also seen with upgrades to Windows 8.1 and usually means either some hardware or a driver isn't compatible. Have you checked to see if your machine will run windows 10?
It might also happen if your running certain security apps so try disabling them when upgrading.

Hi Kemical,
I got the windows 10 symbol on my task bar a few weeks back and I ran the requirements and everything checked out. I have been reading that if you change the UEFI boot you can upgrade and install windows 10 ?

Hmm... You can try it, although with having windows 7 installed it's probably set to legacy. You shouldn't have to change it really.

Do you have any peripherals connected like external drives, printers or mouse even? If so remove them and try again.

Back