Windows 10 Window 10 Photo Error MSG

Axel PC

Honorable Member
I get his error message when trying to open up any image file in the Windows Photo app. Does any know what this error message means and how I can fix this? Thanks!

Capture.webp

Solution
So I ended up fixing it by installing Revo Uninstaller. Uninstalled it. Rebooted and installed it via the Microsoft Store. And now it's working.
@Neemobeer thanks for your patient and help on this. I'm sure you got frustrated at some point with me lol. Thanks, man!
You can try re-installing the photo app from powershell.

Get-AppxPackage *Photo* | Add-AppxPackage "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppxManifest.xml" -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register

You may need to rename the following directory, but I'd try re-adding without renaming it first.
"C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.Photos_8wekyb3d8bbwe"

I got this message does it mean I need to rename like you suggested?

Capture.webp

Just added that extra part you said and I got this message. And Photo still doesn't work. What could've caused this?

Capture.webp

Get-AppxPackage *Photo* | Add-AppxPackage -Path "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppxManifest.xml" -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register

Like that. I suspect the Add-AppxPackage command is probably different on Windows 7. I don't have a Win 7 box in front of me to test. You could type just Get-Help -Ex Add-AppxPackage and it should give you the syntax if it is different from Windows 10

I'm on Windows 10. Ok so I tried that command and I'm still getting the same error message.

Oops forgot the loop Get-AppxPackage *Photo* | % { Add-AppxPackage -Path "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppxManifest.xml" -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register }

Ok, that did something. I green bar showed up a top of Powershell with yellow text, then went back to Powershell. But Photos still won't open.

No, I haven't had any issues with other apps nor is my system acting strangely. I've done regular virus scans and no issues there.
This has been going on for a few weeks. But I did install an old version of Picasa because I'm trying to work through a ton of photos. And it's the official download from Google right before they took it down. I've been keeping it in my downloads because I knew it would come in handy for cleaning up my photos.

So I ended up fixing it by installing Revo Uninstaller. Uninstalled it. Rebooted and installed it via the Microsoft Store. And now it's working.
@Neemobeer thanks for your patient and help on this. I'm sure you got frustrated at some point with me lol. Thanks, man!

Solution
Back