Windows Vista window finish loading the content then re-load the content again very slowly

X-rock

I have searched all the way and there is no solutions come up so I post a new thread here

I am using Sony Vaio CR laptop with Window Vista Business SP1, 2.1 GHz, 2Gb RAM.

My Window Vista has worked well before, but last week I have just installed the Vaio media plus, I found it has the content collector that collect all the media files in my hard drive and slow down the computer a lot so I uninstalled it.
I'm not pretty sure whether this is the problem or not, but now window loads folder very slow.

When I open a folder, it shows up the content quickly, but after 2 secs the explorer starts to load (I don't know what it loads) but in the address bar showing a green bar that run very slow and get near to the end but can not stop.

The more content of the folder the more time it takes to load. and when I do some tasks in that folder such as change folder name, move files, it can not be done.

Anyone got any idea about this problem please help me.

many thanks

thanks for the information

but now I don't want to use vaio media plus any more, I want to make window work smoothly as before.

Because now I can not move a single 699 Mb avi file from a folder to another folder. It appears the moving item panel and calculate over and over but can not make any move. The explorer load very slow when open the large folder

Try closing the UAC as this sometimes hates you moving files from one folder to another. You can close it via user accounts in the control panel.

no it's not the UAC problem because I turned it off already. It's just appear to do tasks very slowly

You could try a cleaner like CCleaner - Home which will clean your registry as well as temp folders...

Another deep cleaning method is as follows:
Open command prompt and type: Cleanmgr/SageSet:1
Then tick all the check boxes you see...
Again in command prompt, type: Cleanmgr/Sagerun:1

Hope this helps

I have cleaned all the temp folder and registry but it seems to be problems

I try to use the disk checking in the properties but it announce that: Window can not check the disk while it's in use

here is a screen shot when I open a folder and the green bar loads but can not stop:
3196848580_0dc28ff5a8_o.jpg

You can schedule a chkdsk by right-clicking on the HDD choosing Tools and then check disk (make sure you check the repair option too) . As you say windows will not run chkdsk whilst running as it's not possible but you can schedule for it to run on the next boot.
Also.... How big is the drive in question and how full is it?

I was going to say--How about checking for virus? System Restore? Then System File checker...

You can schedule a chkdsk by right-clicking on the HDD choosing Tools and then check disk (make sure you check the repair option too) . As you say windows will not run chkdsk whilst running as it's not possible but you can schedule for it to run on the next boot.
Also.... How big is the drive in question and how full is it?

it is 90,4 Gb and now it has about only 2,50Gb left

I was going to say--How about checking for virus? System Restore? Then System File checker...
thanks, I will check

Its just possible that your problem is caused by the Hard Drive having very little free space left.I seemed to remember having problems loading programmes when my laptop free space dropped to 5GB. Is there anyway you can free up another 5GB to see if it makes a differance???

Your problem is size.....lol. I had a hunch this was the case (thats why I asked you about the size ect..), for decent performance your better trying to leave at least 25% of your drive free. If you don't then you start getting the problems you've been posting... Don't forget that your page file is also using that last little bit of HDD space... Try and free up some of the drive by burning as much as you can to disk. Un-install any programs/games you don't use. Also defragmenting the drive will help but not as much as creating some free space.

hic

I free up some disk space, it now has about 14gb free, but the problem still remains.

I think it's not because of the hard drive free space, my picture folder in the drive C: which has a lot free space still load very slowly. I may think of another way and thanks for all of your help

I found out there is a similar topic in this forum:

http://winvistaforums.com/windows-vista-support/13703-explorer-folders-slow-green-bar.html

but my laptop ram is 2gb and it works fine. haizz it's not a big trouble but annoying. Still looking for solutions :( :(

btw, this is the screen shot T__T:

as you can see below, some pics can load but some cannot

3199044374_64b1e21402_o.jpg

Creating more space in your HDD may not be the total solution but it is good practise to keep that last 25% free. Another tip is to create a new pagefile. If you go to your virtual memory page and tick the box saying no pagefile, you'll then have to reboot. Once rebooted go back and recreate the pagefile again and this will create a nice clean pagefile for you as they can become fragmented over time.

A good source of information can be found here:
TweakGuides.com - The TweakGuides Tweaking Companion

If you download the guide for vista and then read the section on virtual memory it has some great tips.

Back
Top Bottom