Windows 10 Windows 10: a new drama

I DO admit that the naming convention is somewhat lacking. But the 15xxx.xxx is bad as well. They should stick with the yy/mm format

Why not call it Windows11 and be done with it? The Spring 2018 update already planned can be called Win11.1 (like the 3 1's in a row there?). Why not call the biggest annual update of the 2-3 they plan on doing each year going forward as already reported on the Insider Hub with sub-release numbers; i.e.: Win7, Win7.1, or Win8, Win8.1 etc.? Maybe all those guys who worked on earlier Windows versions have passed away or been purged from Microsoft's ranks, but why reinvent the wheel? I agree, I am perplexed by all this versioning and build numbers.:scratch:The average consumer is completely stymied by all this. :wah::monkey:

We just did a W10 Settings workshop this past Monday to a room full of seniors with W10 laptops. We explained the entire new versioning number thing to them-twice; and ran live demos and went to each of their laptops and physically showed them how to tell exactly which version of W10 they had right down to the build number. :andwhat: They were as glassy-eyed as if you were describing how meson and lepton particles are formed in N-dimensional mathematics; complete Greek to them. :rolleyes: I vote we go back to the old version naming convention. That's my 2 cents!

Cheers!:up:
BBJ :lightbulb:

I DO admit that the naming convention is somewhat lacking. But the 15xxx.xxx is bad as well. They should stick with the yy/mm format

They still use the yy/mm thats what the 1703 is :)

Capture.PNG

Back
Top Bottom