Windows 10 Windows 10 keeps renaming my home WiFi network and creating new registry keys

Adeland

When my Toshiba laptop wakes from sleep it does reconnect to my home WiFi network, but it assigns to it the generic name 'network', which is not my real network name. It also creates a new network profile key in the Registry with the name 'Network', and creates an unmanaged signature key in the Registry, also called 'Network'. I go into the registry and delete these keys, but it keeps recurring. Is there any solution? Thanks.

I´m not sure if this will help... But have you set the properties for that Wifi to: Automatically connect...., and set the network as PRIVATE, and to deactivate "random hardware addresses" (whom I beleive might be the culprit)?

I´m not sure if this will help... But have you set the properties for that Wifi to: Automatically connect...., and set the network as PRIVATE, and to deactivate "random hardware addresses" (whom I beleive might be the culprit)?
Thanks for your reply. I keep 'automatically connect' unchecked, since that seemed to make the problem worse. But looking at the WiFi settings for my home network I do not have an option for activating or deactivating 'random hardware addresses'. From Googling this issue I suspect either my WiFi card does not support that feature, or maybe it's only available on Windows 10 Mobile.

Back
Top Bottom