Windows 10 Windows 10 not installing! please help.

Drone0100

Hi, i had windows ten installed, the 64 bit version. I replaced my motherboard and CPU. booted into windows and it worked. I decided to reinstall windows because i did not feel comfortable with the new hardware change. So i put in my windows 10 usb flash drive, went into my BIOS and booted from it. I selected the 64 bit operating system, it went to a dark blue screen and before i can use my mouse or keyboard for anything, this message appears " Windows set up could not install one or more boot-critical drivers. To install windows, make sure the drivers are valid, and restart the installation". if anyone knows what is wrong please help. I am currently using my old windows 7 64 bit, that installation worked fine.

I'd grab the windows 10 media creation tool and re create the install media on the usb flash drive. Then try and install from it again.

Hi there,
There is a difference between W10 working and W10 working and being Activated. 2 questions for you now. On the old hardware setup did you verify if W10 was ACTIVATED and working, as shown here:
windows-10-activation-screenshot-1024x576.png

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

If your W10 was activated before on your old Hardware, it should also be Activated with your new Hardware (new Mobo+CPU chip). Typically, your Windows license is tied to your old Mobo and under ordinary circumstances cannot be moved without purchasing another license from Microsoft.

If you check your W10 on the new hardware setup, and it's Activated, a Clean Install with Microsoft media may do the trick as nmsuk says. However, if you find that the new setup is NOT ACTIVATED, then you'll have a problem. You'll have to get a hold of the W10 Media you have and if legit, use the Product Key on it to try and Activate the new hardware via reinstall. If this fails, you will have to call Microsoft and see if they will transfer that W10 license to your new hardware. Normally, they will refuse to do this and tell you go buy a new W10 license and media. Professional repair Techs can often get around this. End-Users or Home-Users cannot do this.:noway:

This leaves you with 2 choices, if MS refuses to transfer your license. You can go to a computer store or purchase legit MS W10 media from an online seller such as ebay or newegg.com and reinstall and Activate this way. Or you can take your computer into your local repair shop and pay a Tech to do the license transfer for you. If they cannot do it for any reason, they will tell you this and give you an estimate (make sure you get it in writing first!) and will usually try and sell you a W10 license if they have them in stock. If they don't have one, they may suggest you buy one from a reputable store or online reseller and bring it into them and they will make everything work for you--for a fee.

Hope this helps.:lightbulb:
<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>

Back