Windows 10 Windows 10 wont boot after deleting windows.old using CCleaner

MustafaDiaa

While I was cleaning my PC using CCleaner, I decided to delete windows.old folder. After cleaning process finished, programs never launch when I open it. I restarted the windows but it won't boot and give STOP CODE error.

Here is my Laptop Specification:

Model: Lenovo z570
CPU: intel i7-2670qm
GPU: NVIDIA Geforce gt 540m
RAM: 8GB

And here is the solutions I tried and none of them worked:

1- Startup Repair (took about 30-45 min and gives error)
2- Reset This PC (exit at 36% with "Undoing Changes" message)
3- Using Command Prompt
  • chkdsk c: /r /x & sfc /scannow
  • bootrec /fixmbr , bootrec /fixboot , bootrec /scanos , bootrec /rebuildbcd and it outputs: "Total identified windows installation: 0"
How to solve this problem?
Thanks in advance.

Hi and welcome to the forum :up:

You did some of the necessary Windows repairs for this problem *looks like you've been Googling it around*; but not all. The main issue is that if you are the original owner of this laptop and didn't buy it used, and never had the hard drive replaced in it, it is VERY likely to have failed and you must test it.:waah: Then you are most likely looking at doing a complete W10 reinstall; including REMOVING the dual-boot with your Linux. Stick with a single-boot W10 model until you can get things working again solidly in W10; then add in your Linux. Besides, Linux dual-boot doesn't work as well if you install Linux on it first and add W10 to it after. :wound: Modern laptops, those made in 2009 and later are only designed to work with hard drives up to 2 years of age or less!:eek: Desktop PCs it's only 3 years!o_O

Take a look at testing both your hard drive as well as all your RAM sticks BEFORE you attempt to do any kind of W10 reset or reinstallation from FACTORY RECOVERY MEDIA OR PARTITION if you have them. Remember this: "NO SOFTWARE ON THE PLANET CAN FIX BROKEN HARDWARE!" Most home users are not aware of this fact. You are now. I've written a step-by-step instruction manual on how to test your laptop hardware as well as repair and reinstall your W10 (a W10 Clean Install solves a lot of problems!) available for free here: Windows 10 - Unclickable Task Bar

Testing your hardware and getting it to pass (which may require you to purchase new replacement Hard Drive or RAM memory sticks) is essential to fixing a system with your issues. Remember to that you laptop is 5 years old and will be turning 6 years old this year (your laptop was built in 2011). Laptops from Lenovo and most other laptop companies (except Dell) rarely last now more than 5 years; so it's no surprise that you would have failing hardware. Notice too that 5 years is the period of the longest Warranty you can buy anywhere for that Laptop even a Premium Extened Warranty direct from Lenovo or 3rd party Warranty provider such as Asurion.:andwhat: Modern laptops are now almost all made in China and are not designed to last over 5 years for these reasons.:wah:

Let us know how you get on. If you get stuck, post back any questions you have here to this thread. We are here 24x7x365.

Best of luck to you,:encouragement:
<<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>> :brew: :usa:

Back
Top Bottom