Windows 10 Windows 10 won't boot up, please help

VixMax

Hi everyone,
Before 7 months I bought Asus Tuf Gaming FX505DY-BQ004 laptop, it has 256GB M.2 NVME SSD and 1TB 5400rpm HDD. It came without an OS, so I installed Windows 10 and installed all drivers and update for BIOS. I downloaded Windows 10 ISO file from Microsoft website using media creation tool (I have desktop PC) and make bootable USB, installed Windows 10 on M.2 SSD, everything went great, I installed some games and programs, I used it 6 months without any issue until one morning. So on evening I put some games to download via Steam (nothing unusual, I did that before), laptop was plugged in and working normally, then I want to sleep and in morning I got surprise. Laptop was in BIOS, in BIOS are listed my drives, but there is not anything on boot list, so I grabbed same bootable USB and tried installing Windows 10, in installation I tried to format SSD and delete all windows partition, but it won't delete or format, so I proceed with installation and got error "Windows could not set offline locale information. Error code: 0x80000010". I tried to wipe SSD with MiniTool partition wizard without success, as you can see I don't care for data on SSD, I have all data on PC and I can install programs again. SSD is GPT in case you're wondering. Then I made Linux Mint bootable USB and boot in Linux without problems, in Linux both disk are listed and fully working, fully readable and writeable. So I want Windows 10 running again on my M.2 SSD, HDD is out of question.
Please help me as soon as possible.

This is usually one of two things. Either the SSD is bad/failing or Windows doesn't think there is enough space available. Boot into the installer and choose the advanced install option and make sure the installer sees the entire disk. If it doesn't or there are partitions on the disk make sure to delete them all before installing. I would also run a drive fitness test.

This is usually one of two things. Either the SSD is bad/failing or Windows doesn't think there is enough space available. Boot into the installer and choose the advanced install option and make sure the installer sees the entire disk. If it doesn't or there are partitions on the disk make sure to delete them all before installing. I would also run a drive fitness test.
Every program sees both disk, they completely fine, all partition are there, i can't format disk or delete partitions, they simply won't delete

The disk can be visible and still have problems. I would still run a fitness test on it. That or the read-only attribute is set for some reason. You can use diskpart to clear the attribute.

The disk can be visible and still have problems. I would still run a fitness test on it. That or the read-only attribute is set for some reason. You can use diskpart to clear the attribute.
Can I run it from USB or Linux because I can't boot windows

From the Windows installer go into troubleshooting use diskpart to see if the read-only attribute is set and remove it

Well there shouldn't be any reason you can't format the drive.
From diskpart
list disk
ID the disk number for the SSD
select disk #
clean

Then you should be able to install

Well there shouldn't be any reason you can't format the drive.
From diskpart
list disk
ID the disk number for the SSD
select disk #
clean

Then you should be able to install
I tried like that and I get error "virtual disk error"

Yes, I am, because it is only disk with 256GB, it says that disk can't be formatted because it's containing system

Did you boot to the install media or from the recovery partition. If the latter you won't be able to remove the partitions.

I'm not sure what you mean. If you mean where I tried to reinstall Windows it was on primary partition, I didn't touch recovery partition.

You will want to remove all of the partitions. You have to boot to the windows install media because you can't remove live partitions

I got you, yes I tried to delete partition via windows installation media, it says that partition are deleted but in reality they are not

You have to commit the changes if you go through the install. Use the clean command from diskpart. You can also do it from a live Linux boot and use gparted.

I can boot linux from USB drive. How to use gparted in Linux, what I need to do?

Back
Top Bottom