hviviers75

Good day

I just installed Windows 11 24h2 Enterprise on my work laptop HP 450 G5, I need Rsat tools to do my daily tasks and when try to install it I get the below error on powershell

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> Get-WindowsCapability -Name RSAT* -Online | Add-WindowsCapability -Online
Add-WindowsCapability : Add-WindowsCapability failed. Error code = 0x8024402c
At line:1 char:45
  • ... WindowsCapability -Name RSAT* -Online | Add-WindowsCapability -Online
  • ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (:) [Add-WindowsCapability], COMException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : Microsoft.Dism.Commands.AddWindowsCapabilityCommand

When trying to add it through optional I get couldn't add.

I reloaded my windows a few weeks ago with 23h2 and was able to install rsat tools with both methods, please advise how I can do it on Windows 11 24H2

Thank you kindly.

Solution
It looks like you're having trouble installing the RSAT (Remote Server Administration Tools) on your HP 450 G5 with Windows 11 24h2. The error code 0x8024402c typically indicates a problem with Windows Update or network connectivity which is preventing the installation from completing successfully. Here are several steps you can follow to resolve this issue:

Troubleshooting Steps​

1. Check Network Connectivity:
    • Ensure your laptop is connected to the internet. You can do this by opening a browser and visiting a website.
  2. Disable VPN/Proxy:
    • If you are using a VPN or proxy, try disabling it. Sometimes, these can interfere with Windows Update.
  3. Run Windows Update Troubleshooter:
It looks like you're having trouble installing the RSAT (Remote Server Administration Tools) on your HP 450 G5 with Windows 11 24h2. The error code 0x8024402c typically indicates a problem with Windows Update or network connectivity which is preventing the installation from completing successfully. Here are several steps you can follow to resolve this issue:

Troubleshooting Steps​

1. Check Network Connectivity:
    • Ensure your laptop is connected to the internet. You can do this by opening a browser and visiting a website.
  2. Disable VPN/Proxy:
    • If you are using a VPN or proxy, try disabling it. Sometimes, these can interfere with Windows Update.
  3. Run Windows Update Troubleshooter:
    • Go to Settings > System > Troubleshoot > Other troubleshooters and find the Windows Update troubleshooter. Run it to see if it can find and fix any issues.
  4. Manually Install RSAT:
    • You can try downloading the RSAT tools directly from the Microsoft Download Center. This is particularly useful if you're having issues with online installations. Follow these steps:
      1. Go to Microsoft's RSAT download page.
      2. Download the appropriate version for your Windows 11 24h2 Enterprise.
      3. Install the downloaded package.
  5. Reset Windows Update Components:
    • If the above steps don't resolve the issue, you might want to reset the Windows Update components:
      1. Open Command Prompt as an administrator.
      2. Run these commands one by one:
        Code:
        bash net stop wuauserv net stop cryptSvc net stop bits net stop msiserver net start wuauserv net start cryptSvc net start bits net start msiserver
      3. After that, try installing the RSAT tools again.
  6. Check Windows Services:
    • Ensure that the following services are running:
      • Windows Update
      • Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS)
      • Cryptographic Services
  7. Using DISM and SFC:
    • Run the following commands in an elevated Command Prompt to repair any potential system file corruption:
      Code:
      bash DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth sfc /scannow

Example PowerShell Command​

When installing RSAT tools via PowerShell, after ensuring everything else is set up correctly, you can try the command again:
Code:
Get-WindowsCapability -Name RSAT* -Online | Add-WindowsCapability -Online

Conclusion​

If none of these steps solve the problem, you might consider checking the official Microsoft forums or support channels as there may be specific issues affecting RSAT installation on Windows 11 24h2 at this time. Hopefully, one of these steps will get you the RSAT tools you need back in action! If you need further assistance, feel free to ask.

Solution
Back