Windows 11 Windows 11 Discussion

It wont be officially available until end of 2021. But for those who are a part of the Windows Insiders Program, into Dev channel and have been downloading and installing all the updates till June 24, 2021, they all will be eligible to install the Windows 11 preview which will be released in next week.

The reason I asked is I saw this.

81e4c28eaa0544da09cf1fcea51f672b.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I understand, there have been so called leaks and ISO's available to download from third party source which may have have malicious code in them. So please dont download them or download them at your own risk. Only download when Microsoft starts rolling out the official Iso's of Windows 11. Till then you will have to wait. Also in the meanwhile you can check your hardware specs if Windows 11 can run or not on your system. :)

I wouldn’t. Windows offers this free in updates. Also using the iso files to me seems complicated.

To me is looks so. Should be a simple Windows.exe file.

It is really Simple, you just use the ISO file to create an installation DVD, then you do the installation just as you would with factory installation media. They do this since most people don't have multiple hard drives, and it's going to format the C:\ drive in the process, so the media has to be on another drive.

Howdy all. I reinstalled Win10 last night because Win11 was freezing up, even after a reboot. I'm just about ready to go back to Win11 because it's pretty cool. I'm also keeping in mind that Win11 Insider Preview is the dev channel, so maybe that's why it froze up on me twice. However, after installing Win11 a few days ago, I deleted the Windows.old directory, giving me over 17GB of space. Could Win11 have froze because I deleted the Win10 installation? (I hope you're not all confused. :confused:)

I am with you, Mike. Cannot teach an old dog new tricks. But I beat you, last week i started into my 90th, thus old dog.
I still use Panel as you mentioned. Some clicks take you to Settings and I have learned to live with it.
My daughter who coded a PRG for NASA and is now on Mars, tried W-11 and found it so slow that she tried to get back to W-10, not possible. I have insisted that she clones all machines at least monthly or again just before doing somethng drastic like downgrading to W-11. Now she is paying the drummer. All my machines are cloned and I fool enough that I got out of jail often with a clone.
As far as I am concerned, I have read that W-10 EoL is 2025, will I still be pecking on my KB then ? Time will tell. I do not have any of my 5 machines honouring UEFI, no secure boot. That counts me out.
Congrats on your 83, junior. Daopa.

Last edited:
Hi everyone...

I just installed Windows 11 on my laptop, which I don't use that much.
I wanted to see what it was like before putting on my PC, that I use a lot.

It was very easy to install, I selected Option One and let it do its thing.
It took about 45 minutes and there were no hitches at all.

Every thing still works, and it's much easier to navigate than Windows 10, at least for me.
I was able to find everything within a few minutes. It picked up all the installed software and about all I had to do is set the browser to Chrome.

I only had a few minutes before I had to leave and go to the doctor, but I'm thrilled to say that, believe it or not, it still has the original Control Panel available if you want to use it. I had a link to in on my Rocket Dock bar and when I opened it up there it was sized and arranged to fit my screen.

In Windows 10 the Icons were too small.
I also notice that the computer was noticeably quicker.
We'll see if that's just because it's a fresh install or because it's more efficient.

It certainly looks simpler to navigate at first glance.

Mike

I'm quite happy to write some lines in the windows 11 thread. But I'm still happy with my English Windows 7 OS. I hope the users have fun in using Windows 11 ;)

I am happy and satisfied with the three of my Windows XP computers. I like my Windows 10 and my Windows comouter. But, I prefer Windows XP computers.

My two-year old Dell Inspiron 15 3000-3552 is only a couple years old with an Intel Celeron N3060 CPU that either has an out of date TPM or no TPM chip. I think MS just does not want my business. A friend has a newer laptop and Windows 11 runs okay, he says it looks more MAC every day.

Back