Windows 11 Windows 11 Discussion

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this?
03cee1022bfdbd94c3b19b35bfb70725.jpg

I have tried several suggestions that I found on google and YouTube, and none of them have worked. Please help. Thank you.

hey,
Users will be downloading the leaked Widows 11 from an unlicensed source. Downloading the leaked version will put you at risk since you will be downloading it from a link found on the web that isn’t a reliable source.

Well, since my old desktop is tired and with no back-up I bought a Dell laptop (Win-10) similar to my older one, but it has Windows 11. My current laptop has a CPU that 11 does not support, but I assume all my Win-10 stuff will run in Win-11 okay. Yes, I know what “assume” really means since being an old guy, Vet and a computer fiddler and engineer for 60+ years. Any Win-11 advice will be appreciated.

Everything on my new computer runs fine, when I first switched my old computer to Windows 11 I had to make changes in the Bios, but this one runs fine, and all my software worked with no changes.

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this?
03cee1022bfdbd94c3b19b35bfb70725.jpg

I have tried several suggestions that I found on google and YouTube, and none of them have worked. Please help. Thank you.
I guess you have tried "settings - Accounts -Sign in options - Pin"?

Last edited:
I just bought a new Dell laptop with Windows 11. My older Windows 10 systems runs Office 2003 very well, but seems like Windows 11 installs okay and Word and Excel load okay, but when I attempt to open files using the 'Folder Open' panel the panel does not indicate file listings and then locks up. It seems like some permission is not satisfied or whatever. Any suggestions?

One thought: Have you tried reinstalling in compatibility mode (suggestion Windows 7)

Thanks, no I did not so will do so. I have all the packs that worked in Windows 10 and an additional recent (compatibilitypacksp3-kb2526297-fullfile-en-us) that may help. But I will follow your suggestion first -- thanks.

Well, that did not work. I'll have to think on it. MS goes out of their way to make things difficult. Too many years trying to sneak by their marketing ploys, so I'll just use my older laptop with Win-10. Didn't have problems installing Office 2003 on it. Maybe I'll try 365 but they pile on too much that I do not use.

You should try using Apache Open Office, it does everything that Office does, and it's free.
I've used it for years instead of Microsoft Office.

It works almost the same, and it will open all the files you are used to using.

Plus, it gets updated, so it's more recent than Office 2003.

Thanks, I'll try it. I like the 365, but the yearly cost may not fit well in my budget these days. Will let you know how it works.

Wow Mike, I installed Apache OpenOffice and putzed with it a little and it looks great. Will work with it for awhile and report back later. Thanks loads. It works in Win-11 like a charm! Thanks again.

Last edited:
After a few days messing around with the new laptop with Windows 11 it seems not much has changed except a few menus and minor appearances. However, much of the OS and software is a bit faster and works a little cleaner (?). The snag with getting Office 2003 working will just have to be set aside, but I will find out why the file menu hangs up; most likely some simple security crap. Am I off base with my analysis? Is there more strange changes that goes over my head?

Last edited:
So far Windows 11 works good and faster with my newer laptop than my Windows 10 laptop; however, unlike Win-10 where I installed several old MS and other software now, I cannot install those programs. Such as Quicken 2017 (R20.6), Office 2003, Visual Basic 5.0 Pro (1999 vintage) and Paint Shop Pro (vintage 1906). Just kidding, but PSP 6.02 is quite old but still works great on my older Win-10 laptop. I am sure in time these things will be straightened out, hopefully because I am growing fond of Windows 11 for the most part.

Anyone else having similar old software installing problems?

After completing the 22H2 update I tried installing an old program I like to use, Paint Shop Pro 6, with an update file and it installed great, works great! I thought something was wrong. :) Then, just for kicks, I installed MS Visual Basic Pro 5.0 with updated files and it too ran perfectly!!! Wow, something must be wrong I thought. So, again I installed Office 2003 and wonders never cease, it works like I paid for it!!!!! :D My opinion of MS is changing. They are actually programming good stuff again. So, even Quicken 2017 went on with one change; using some good advice I copied "C:\Users\%usrname%\AppData\Local\intuit" from my older laptop to the new Win-11 laptop and Quicken runs like a charm. Happy Days Are Here Again, do de la lu lo de da......

Well, had to do a Window 10 reset so now Quicken will not run. I give. They will not get another penny from me. No real indications to why, it just loads and the screen never advances to the program.

Back