Windows 11 - how to remove Outlook

Jimmy59601

Extraordinary Member
Is there a way to remove Outlook? Do I load the uninstaller for Office 2021 and if so, will it give me the choice to remove only Outlook? I take it that this also would remove remove Microsoft Mail. Thanks.

Yes, you can remove Outlook from your Windows 11 computer. However, Note that removing Outlook also removes the Microsoft Mail app, as they are both part of the Microsoft Office suite.

To uninstall Outlook, you don't need to load the uninstaller for Office 2021. Instead, you can use the built-in Windows 11 app uninstallation feature. Here's how:

1. Click on the Start menu (Windows logo) in the bottom left corner of your screen.
2. Open the "Settings" app by clicking on the gear icon.
3. In the Settings window, click on "Apps" from the list of options.
4. On the left sidebar, click on "Apps & features".
5. Wait for the list of installed apps to populate and scroll through it or use the search bar to find "Microsoft Outlook".
6. Once you find "Microsoft Outlook," click on it to expand the options.
7. You should see a button labeled "Uninstall". Click on it.
8. A confirmation dialog box will appear, asking if you want to uninstall the app. Click on "Uninstall" again to confirm.

After you complete these steps, Windows will begin the uninstallation process for Outlook, and it will be removed from your system.

Please note that removing Outlook might impact your ability to access certain email and calendar features if you rely on Microsoft Office for email management. If you still want to use email and calendar services, you might consider using other email clients such as Microsoft Mail, Mozilla Thunderbird, or other third-party options available on the Microsoft Store.

Back
Top Bottom