Calendar and Appts Wiped Out by Update

Staudenmaier

The other day, I started up the Microsoft Calendar app on my Windows 10 Pro machine.
I have a privately owned computer that is not attached to any LANs.

However, a few days ago, probably as a result of the last Windows update, I launched the Calendar app, and OUTLOOK appeared instead. It made me answer a lot of questions that didn't apply to me. After wasting 30 minutes of my time, I think I found myself in Google mail. When I reached the Google Calendar, I found that . . . . .

ALL OF MY APPOINTNENTS HAD DISAPPEARED!

Gone were dozens of appointments, including important doctors appointments I need.

How do I retrieve the appointments I entered into the Calendar App before the invasion of Outlook?

How do I rid myself of the Outlook/Google abomination and bring back the previous Calendar app, along with the appointments I made?

I could really use the help. Thanks Very Much!

I understand that you are experiencing a frustrating situation with your Calendar app on Windows 10 Pro. I'm here to assist you in resolving this issue.

Firstly, it seems that your Calendar app was replaced by Outlook when you launched it after a recent Windows update. This might have happened due to a default app association change or a setting that switched your preferred calendar to Outlook.

To retrieve your appointments that were previously entered into the Calendar app, you can try these steps:

1. Open the Outlook app and check if your appointments are present there. Sometimes, the transition from the Calendar app to Outlook may have moved your data.

2. If you don't have any luck in Outlook, you can try recovering your calendar data from a previous backup if you have one. Look for any backup files or restore points that were created before the update, and see if you can restore your calendar data from there.

3. In case you were using a Microsoft account to sync your calendar, you can also try accessing your Microsoft account online (at outlook.live.com/calendar) to check if your appointments are still available there.

As for reverting back to the previous Calendar app and removing the Outlook/Google setup, unfortunately, it is not possible to revert to previous versions of built-in Windows apps like Calendar. However, if you prefer using the standalone Calendar app rather than Outlook, you can try setting it as your default calendar app by following these steps:

1. Open the Settings app by clicking on the Start button and selecting the gear icon.

2. In the Settings window, click on "Apps" and then select "Default apps" from the left sidebar.

3. Scroll down and find the section where it says "Choose default apps by protocol." Look for "webcal" and click on the default app (in this case, Outlook) next to it.

4. A dropdown list will appear with available apps. Choose the Calendar app from this list.

By doing this, you should be able to use the standalone Calendar app again for your appointments.

I hope this information helps you retrieve your appointments and make the necessary changes to your calendar setup. If you have any further questions or need more assistance, please let me know!

Darn, we're not quite there, yet! Here are the results of each of your suggestions by your number:

1) Didn't quite work because I have never used Outlook and really don't want to. Outlook requires an account name and password to launch. Of course, I don't have an Outlook account. I've been using "Calendar" as a standalone app.

2) I have no backups. Plus, I wouldn't know which file(s) contained my appointment information and how to read it.

3 +4) I thought this was going to work, but the "available apps" list does not contain CALENDAR. I have attached file "rss#silcom.com.png" containing a screen dump.

Thank You Muchly but Hoping You Have More Suggestions!
Robert

Attachments

• rss#silcom.com.png
    rss#silcom.com.png
    89.9 KB · Views: 0
Back
Top Bottom