Windows 11 Windows 11 Requirements TPM, Secure Boot?

CygXanadu

My machine is over 10 years old, I cannot afford a new motherboard. Is Microsoft going to change these requirements. I really don't care about features of having TMP or Secure Boot.

No need to worry. Win 10 will be fully supported for at least 4 years. Also there are many people still using Win 7

Don't use unsupported operating systems like Windows 7 that's just bad advice and setting yourself up for attacks, ID theft etc. Windows 10 is supported until 2025. Windows 11 will unlikely get rid of the TPM requirement due to the ever increasing need for security.

Don't use unsupported operating systems like Windows 7 that's just bad advice and setting yourself up for attacks, ID theft etc. Windows 10 is supported until 2025. Windows 11 will unlikely get rid of the TPM requirement due to the ever increasing need for security.

Just to clarify that I am not advocating going back to Windows 7, just making a statement of fact

All good. Just my face every time I see someone using Windows 7 as their daily driver these days.
1631730927561.png

Mr Neemobeer​

Seeing as you are Super Security, I have this for you to peruse, I do this for Super Security too, the ultimate one.

Hello. I do a lot of cloning on all my machines, so far so good. I recently planned ahead and got a new laptop, to be able to go to W-11. Of course, I got one with Secure Boot. I am unable to do a clone any more as Acronis tries to boot from its USB media disk. I succeeded in getting rid of Secure Boot to enable this.
Now is the bind. As I turn the machine on after having set the boot priority to USB, it goes and recognizes Acronis and part of Acronis gets on my screen but with a note saying : no HD found. I get out of all this process and the machine boots properly so it does recognize the SSD, why will not Acronis ? I changed HD1 to HD0 but then the machine was dead, zap, nada, not even a blue screen.
Is there anybody here who could tell me what next hoop I need to jump now to get my clone done ?
I tried the Acer site but the "helper" was not aware of Secure Boot. Oh ! Any help appreciated. daopa.

This I posted on a site that saw >110 reads and not even one reply. As I wrote, I am also seeking a "save my bum" procedure and it has saved that bum a few times already in 8.1, and 10. I would like to be able to use it on 11 too. Acer is no help.
My next move is to extract the SSD from this Acer, clone it using a good 10 machine and be done with. But it ought to be possible to enable Acronis to do its duty as before. The reverse clone should work fine if needed. Your thoughts ?

Have a great day, no COVID. daopa.

Back
Top Bottom