Windows 7 Windows 7 64-bit hanging randomly for 15-30 seconds

Hesadanza

I've been using Windows 7 64-bit for several months, but just a couple weeks ago it began hanging randomly. It doesn't matter what program I'm in, randomly the program will stop responding, and I'll get the message "Not Responding" in the title bar of the app. The mouse and keyboard still work during this time, and I can bring up the task manager (which shows nothing out of the ordinary). But the app is completely frozen during this time, and I get the spinning cursor. After the hang, which takes 15-30 seconds, everything goes back to normal. This occurs several times throughout the day.

I've been unable to pinpoint the problem. I've done tests on my hard drives (SeaTools) and memory (Memtest86+), and they seem to check out fine.

Any help would be appreciated. I'm open to entertaining any ideas that might help diagnose and solve this problem.

Here's the specs of my computer:

Core i7 920 CPU
3x 2048MB Corsair CM3X2G1600C9 RAM
Asus P6T mobo
Intel SSDSA2M080G2GC HD (system)
2 other non-SSD hard drives
NVidia GeForce 9500 GT video card

Alright, great :D
Could you check out the event logs and post the information about the application crashes?

The applications don't crash, they just hang for 15-30 seconds, and then return to normal. I can't see anything abnormal in the event logs.

Sorry for taking so long to reply.. Things have been kinda crazy here lately with the subscription updates...:)
Is there anything worth noting in the event logs?

I had a similar problem. It had to do with updating windows defender and adobe flash player conflict. I disabled windows defender and haven't had trouble since. I also uninstaller and reinstalled flash player. My problem was mainly in browser. You might want to update drivers for mouse andkeyboard. If there aren't new ones delete them and reboot and they will reload
Joe

Last edited:
Sorry for taking so long to reply.. Things have been kinda crazy here lately with the subscription updates...:)
Is there anything worth noting in the event logs?

I haven't noticed anything in the event logs, but then again, I don't really know what I'm looking for.

I don't see anything in the event logs about stability or nonresponsiveness. I have found a few threads saying things about Intel SSDs. Could that be the problem? Windows 7 is on the SSD.

look into the performance details event log in the action center - watch bad degradation times of drivers or devices! It usually gives a clue about bad/outdated drivers

Back