Windows 7 Windows 7 64 home cant connect to XP network

jadkins

I've read through these forums and tried to do everything I could to make it work but I cannot seem to get it connected. My XP network is an existing network and I am trying to add a windows 7 64 home edition machine. I can ping back and forth between all of the computers using IP and comp name. I can connect to the windows 7 machine from my XP machines but my XP machines do not show up on my windows 7 machine. They all have the same workgroup name. There is no software or firewall blocking them. I have all of the services running that I found in these forums and set them to automatic. I set my IPv4 to NetBIOS over TCP/IP. I don't know what else to do to make this work.

Thanks

You may need this....

Link Removed due to 404 Error

Ok, that wasn't the problem. It did not let me install it. It said that the SP I was running was newer and did not need this.

Thanks anyway.

The LLTD responder must be installed on a computer running Windows XP before it can be detected and appear on the network map. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer.

Still no luck. I am stumped. I can ping my XP computers with IP and comp name from my windows 7 machine with no issues but under the network list on my W7 machine it only list itself and not my XP machines. I don't get it.

I had the very same issue when I set my network up. I had to install the LLTD responder on all the xp machines then change all the xp computers home group name to the windows 7 work-group name. Which by default is work-group. Then every thing worked like it was supposed to. Under XP the home group is referred to as MSN home group if I recall correctly. I changed that to work-group and I was in and visible

Home group name? Is this the same as workgroup name? All of my computers have the same workgroup name including the windows 7 machine. If this is different than the workgroup name how do I find the Home group name on XP? My XP machines are all XP Pro and my W7 is home.

I connected. Im not sure what I did but its now showing my other machines. Thanks for the help.

Glad you got it working...I remember mine was a pain in the *** as well.

hello

im using windows 7 and it connect directly to win xp without any addetional software and i share folders ...
make sure all pcs workgroup name are the same like : workgroup