Windows 7 Windows 7 64 home cant connect to XP network

jadkins

I've read through these forums and tried to do everything I could to make it work but I cannot seem to get it connected. My XP network is an existing network and I am trying to add a windows 7 64 home edition machine. I can ping back and forth between all of the computers using IP and comp name. I can connect to the windows 7 machine from my XP machines but my XP machines do not show up on my windows 7 machine. They all have the same workgroup name. There is no software or firewall blocking them. I have all of the services running that I found in these forums and set them to automatic. I set my IPv4 to NetBIOS over TCP/IP. I don't know what else to do to make this work.

Thanks

Ok, that wasn't the problem. It did not let me install it. It said that the SP I was running was newer and did not need this.

Thanks anyway.

The LLTD responder must be installed on a computer running Windows XP before it can be detected and appear on the network map. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer.

Still no luck. I am stumped. I can ping my XP computers with IP and comp name from my windows 7 machine with no issues but under the network list on my W7 machine it only list itself and not my XP machines. I don't get it.

I had the very same issue when I set my network up. I had to install the LLTD responder on all the xp machines then change all the xp computers home group name to the windows 7 work-group name. Which by default is work-group. Then every thing worked like it was supposed to. Under XP the home group is referred to as MSN home group if I recall correctly. I changed that to work-group and I was in and visible

Home group name? Is this the same as workgroup name? All of my computers have the same workgroup name including the windows 7 machine. If this is different than the workgroup name how do I find the Home group name on XP? My XP machines are all XP Pro and my W7 is home.

hello

im using windows 7 and it connect directly to win xp without any addetional software and i share folders ...
make sure all pcs workgroup name are the same like : workgroup

Back