Windows 7 Windows 7 64bit PaintDeskTopVersionVerion

Discussion in 'Desktop Customization' started by jjstccean, Dec 19, 2009.

1. jjstccean

jjstccean New Member

I'm wondering if anybody out there has the same problem with the windows 7 desktop version info sitting on their desktop (appeared without encouragement - have not edited the registry entry PaintDeskTopVersion = true or false) and it just won't go away! I've deleted the dWord entirely from the registry, recreated it again as 64bit dWord set it to true or false respectively - rebooted my machine - still there!

Recently a new line appeared:
    Test Mode [new line]
    Windows 7
    Build 7600

My windows is a legal copy and have been activated. I'm running the 64bit version with 4gig of RAM - 160gig Hard drive - 512mb gForce pci express colour card. I do not use any windows enhancing software - I'm using Kaspersky Antivirus software latest version. (Legally)

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

#1 jjstccean, Dec 19, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2009
  2. reghakr

reghakr Excellent Member

Doesn't matter if you edit the regidsry,in the bets it was in the user32.dll file,

3. jjstccean

jjstccean New Member

if it's in the user32.dll file - have you any suggestions of what I can do about it, please? Does this mean it's a 32bit dWord in the registry?

Thanks.

4. reghakr

reghakr Excellent Member

No I'd on']think it can be done,''You would Have to be very experirnced and know how to use a hex editor